Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The smile is worth a million!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 17:05

To ME, that is. Just downloaded disc from Sting Ray City and PJR's smile says it all! Will cherish that pic forever.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The smile is worth a million!

What a great picture! The water looks so clear - where was that taken? I can't believe you can hold the rays. I've heard that they are inquisitive but that's crazy! How fun!

o
RE: The snnnmile is worth a million!

Getting a neck massage

o

That's an 'all-out' smile. And grandmother has a pretty good smile too. Those pictures show you were both having a great time.

Shirley

o

You have a beautiful smile and beautiful hair. At the rate mine is greying I would have to be 100 to have your hair.

o

Great pictures, Glenda. My grandboys would love it.

o

Awesome pictures of both of you! What a fun memory.

o
RE: The smbbbbbbbile is worth a million!

Grand Cayman

o

Glenda those are great pictures, it looks like a lot of fun.

o

great pictures....you both look like you had an awesome time!! ;)

o

Glenda, I love seeing you so happy--grandkids can do that for ya'. PJR's braces are doing a wonderful job. I couldn't believe the difference they made with my GS Alex. Amazing, isn't it?

o

What fun to share with him! No wonder you are both smiling..

o

Glenda, what wonderful pictures!
I'm so glad that you two had such an awesome time!

o

Once in a lifetime! I'm so happy you shared it together!! What a fantastic memory for you both!

o

It does look like lots of fun for the both of you... and the crystal clear water - Beautiful!!

o

the pics show a super happy,contented Grandmother and a supremely happy Grandson-you're so very lucky to have that young man,Glenda!

o

What a happy boy and grandma!!
Eileen

o

Great pictures Glenda. You are my new mentor grandma. I want Mia to have the same kind of grandma PJR has. That would be me of course. Following your lead. ;-)

o

Love it! Awesome grandma, awesome grandson, awesome memories!

o

o

Glenda --Where are we in the orthodontics timeline? Looking good! Have these manta's been 'de-barbed'?

o

Yes, that is a genuine "truly having a great time" smile! What a fun grandma you are!

o

Wonderful pics, Glenda....a memory to last a lifetime.

o

o

Stingrays can have their barbs removed but it would be inhumane to do so in the wild. They never use their barbs unless in fear for their lives. Skates look very much like stingrays and are probably used sometimes, in tourist attractions. Manta rays are quite different and have become rare. They might be a part of a very large observation tank in aquariums.

I lived for about 5 years just one little sand dune from the beach and soon became utterly charmed by the schools of stingrays that would come up to me when I sat in the shallows. They clearly liked being stroked and tickled. When I would stand up (slowly) to shuffle back to the shoreline, the whole mess of them would swim along while I walked. I'll never forget those years.

o

These stingrays did have their barbs, as shown by the guide.

I've done this excursion twice, 12 years ago, and this time with my grandson.

First one, we were told never to do this on our own, anywhere else. The guides were familiar with the stingrays.

Awesome experience!

o

rhizo -- Thanks for giving us that memory of you and your 'following'! I had no idea stingrays could be so tame.

Now I'm wondering what the differences are between 'stingrays', 'skates' and 'mantarays'.

What was the creature whose barb killed an Australian naturalist?

o

Please don't let this thread go DOWN regarding stingrays.

I shared my pictures of my special trip with grandson and his awesome smile.

Please if you want a discussion, start another thread.

Will be appreciated and thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here