Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stirring the pot: what's in yours today? Dinner, that is!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 17:01

Had a $3.00 off lunch coupon for two! So neighbor and I shared the coupon at Longhorn's.

I had their black and blue burger, no bun, with a plain baked potato.
Neighbor had their shaved prime rib half sandwich with loaded potato soup.

Excellent service makes any meal more enjoyable and that's what we we had today. Great food and service!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stirring the pot: what's in yours today? Dinner, that is!

I would enjoy both those choices for lunch. Glenda, you wouldn't last a week here-lunch choices are McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut and a diner I am afraid of. We are having manicotti and salad tonight. Since the crepes are the store bought noodle tubes I am not excited. My sister made the real thing 2 weeks ago and it was superb.

o

Hey, pam, I saw Burger King is now offering a french fry hamburger. You tried it yet?

o

Another fun filled day, going to rummages and other stuff. Had lunch at Pizza Hut and we had the buffet. I had not been there in years. Very reasonable and good too. My supper was just toast with butter,applesauce and cold water to drink. Lots of rain last evening and so now hot and humid.

Sue in Central Indiana

This post was edited by Marilyn_Sue on Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 17:30

o

I had a turkey, watercress sandwich for lunch today along with sweet potato fries. I'm going to eat the other half for dinner. DH can help himself to a myriad of choices in the fridge. I'm tired.

Glenda, my house guests were not here for the week. My nephew was here last Wednesday, and DH's cousin and wife arrived Tuesday and left this morning at 7:45. I left at 8:00 for golf. We had a lovely visit, I enjoyed having them, but now I'm tired because there's so much else going on right now.

o

Marilyn Sue, you days are super! You so enjoy life!
Buttered toast and water! Well, I'll take saltines and water :o)

georgesmom, did you make the turkey and watercress sandwich or did you have it at the club?

Time for you to relax now!

o

I had applesauce too Glenda.

Sue

o

:o) Marilyn!

Sue is my middle name!

o

I picked some thing up at burger King for me and he said he would eat left over taco soup. I was out at the doctors office and letting the vampires take my blood and BK was on the way.

I sure did not see anything that said fried burgers were available there. That is gag worthy! Ick But they do have a new pulled pork bbq sandwich. And I tried a sample of the frozen strawberry lemonade and it was very good but also sweet so not OK for me.

o

Texas beans and Stouffer's Mac n cheese.

Shirley

o

Here it is, raven! And for $1. It went on the market Sept 3. I passed Burger King yesterday and they had the french fry burger $1 sign up.

o

gadgets, what are Texas beans? Sounds interesting. Stouffers mac and cheese is good!

o

Breakfast for dinner here...
Frittatta, sausage gravy and biscuits I think..

o

We're having borscht, recipe from SparkPeople.com. Apparently the beets I used were larger than required and I ended up with a giant pot of soup. This means I won't be cooking all weekend!

o

terri, I love breakfast for dinner! Yummy

stacey, I've never had borscht! Sure it was and will be good for the weekend!

o

After being gone for a few days and lots of rain.... the tomatoes in the garden were split, so into the roasting pan with onions, mushrooms, olives, garlic and 2$Chuck Cabernet.... it smells devine. Since we are gong away for a month, I put the whole garlic thing, plus some cloves; hope it tastes as good as it smells.

o

simmered some cubed chicken breast with taco seasoning and had chicken taco salad for dinner.

I think I could eat Mexican every day!

o

Texas beans is a recipe my sisinlaw and niece make. It's a combo of green beans, yellow wax, pork n beans, browned sausage, tomato soup and various other ingredients, cooked in a crockpot. Almost like a chili dish.

Shirley

o

sniff sniff sniff, bet it does smell good in your kitchen, nanny!

Have a nice trip wherever you go!

jeaninwa, chicken taco salad sound delicious! I too love Mexican.

Now Texas beans does sound good! Thanks

This post was edited by glenda_al on Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 19:40

o

Ate at the club, Glenda. I was even too tired to heat up the sweet potato fries so I had a dish of ditalini, shrimp salad. It was good. Will finish my sandwich tomorrow night. I'm so glad I have so many left overs in the fridge. I can pick and choose and don't have to cook.

That 2$chuck is sounding good to me nanny and I don't drink that much. It would probably really knock me out!

o

Now I know what 2$chuck is. No idea! :o)

This post was edited by glenda_al on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 12:36

o

Ohhh OK I was picturing a burger that was deep fried like they do Monte Cristo or something like that.
They may have had the burger with fries on it.
I noticed a few new items including buffalo chicken strips, and a South Carolina burger and that pulled pork.

o

No not deep fried, raven :o) Just french fry hamburgers for $1.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here