SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

What has happened to coffee makers?

caroline94535
9 years ago

Formerly known as "coffee pots." I'm having shopper's shock, sticker shock, design shock. I haven't shopped for a coffee maker in about 10 years.

I'm trying to replace an o-l-d Krups coffee maker. Wes will use it about once a day.

- I want a coffee maker that uses #4 coffee filters; I have a lot of them in the pantry.

- I want it to make a pot of coffee and keep it hot for two hours.

- I want it to have an automatic shut-off after two hours. (As much as I howl about it; I really do not want the house to burn down!)

- I would like it to have the charcoal water filters.

- I want a glass carafe, or a stainless steel one if it has a window to view the coffee level in the pot.

- I'm not impressed with a glaring amount of "stainless" or "chrome." Any mat finish is fine with me.

I don't need, or want, lots of buttons, whistles, bells, or options. I don't need to choose a temperature for the warming plate; I don't need to adjust the strength of the coffee. I want to pour the water in, put in the coffee, and push "start." Auto-programming is nice, but not necessary.

I don't want a Keurig-type maker; Wes brew a large pot full to fill his thermos while hunting and fishing.

So, what kind of coffee maker to you use - and would you recommend it?

Comments (29)