Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have an interview on Monday!

Posted by jeaninwa (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 16:36

I went and toured the center I'm interested in working at, and met some of the people there. It's a beautiful place with friendly people. Clean, and calm. So different from where I worked. Stepped into the toddler room for a second, and one sweet little thing raised her arms to me, I picked her up. Oh, yeah!
I have an interview scheduled for Monday @ 10:00!

I'm excited to get back to teaching, and to start a new adventure. It's about the same driving distance/time as where I worked before too, so that is great.

What's not so great is the hours. If I get it (crossed fingers) I'll be working until 6:30 in the evening.

But, you have to put your dues in to get the hours you want. I'm willing to do that.

Jean,
who's sitting here feeling very good

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have an interview on Monday!

good luck!

o

ty glenda

o

I wish you all the best. Remind us Sunday night so we will remember to cross our fingers (and toes) for you.

Shirley

o

I have a good feeling about this! With your attitude, you should ace the interview. I'm happy for you.

o

That's exciting.....good luck to you and keep us posted.

o

Wishing you a new job at a happy place. Those others sure aren't any fun.

o

What wonderful news. The very best of luck to you.

o

That's great news! Wishing you all the best.

Tami

o

Good Luck! Just getting an interview these days can be cause for celebration!

o

Thank you all for the warm wishes :)

o

Unless they are BLIND they'll be hiring you! Lucky place.

o

Good luck.

o

Having a job that allows you to make a difference in children's lives has more rewards than a paycheck...

Good luck!

o

maybe with time you can get the morning class time...I've done both and i'm for sure an early person, lol...

o

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. It's great to hear the excitement in your post.

o

thank you all! I'm pretty excited! I loved teaching, but had been the cook at my last employment, because it had the earlier time and because the "teachers" there aren't really allowed to teach because the children were constantly being moved around, so sometimes, a teacher would have a totally different group of kids in their room. Very sad. A former co-worker now works at this center I applied to, and likes it VERY much! She has also been putting in good words for me, which I am VERY thankful for. I will either be with toddlers, preschoolers or school age children. Any of those will be a lot of fun, and I look forward to it.

o

Wishing you success in finding the job of your dreams.

o

Congrats! I knew you'd be better off. I'm so pleased for you. Fantastic! Let us know how it goes when you can. Just enjoy the talk you have with them and it'll be a sure thing.

o

Hope today goes great!

o

thank you. Every one. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I was barely able to choke down a bowl of oatmeal. I need to REEEELAAAAX........

taking deep slow breaths. I tried that without taking it slow, and almost passed out....LoL

15 min to take off!

o

Fingers and toes are crossed.

Shirley

o

thank you all for your good wishes. I think it went well. I'll know in a couple of days, as they are doing more interviews.

o

Great! Do let us know.

o

Just checking in to see how everything went. Fingers crossed that you get the job. Seems to me you have an edge what with having a friend there putting in a good word for you.

o

hope your as lucky as I was
SamKaren
your resident DJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here