Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
uncooked brownie dilemma

Posted by satine (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 16:27

Help-I took a pan of brownies out of the oven about 30 minutes ago and just now realized that they are not cooked. Is there anything I can do to save them??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: uncooked brownie dilemma

Sure! Reheat your oven FIVE degrees less than before and continue baking them, checking them every 5 minutes until they're done. I would put foil over the top of the pan, so the top doesn't cook any more.

o

I saw your other post regarding the undercooked brownies and responded there.

o

If you don't think it baked high enough to be safe (I don't think fudgy brownies are a bad thing unless there's still raw egg), then I would just cut out the middle and discard it, and eat the rest.

I think baking it again would cause most of it to become overbaked and dry.

o

Overbaked & dry brownie crumbs make an excellent topping for ice cream!!

o

I like Cate's idea!

o

It's too late now, because I think your other post said you were planning on having them for desert last night.. but I made a brownie trifle (a couple of times) during the past few weeks and the cooked part around the edge would have worked great for that... brownies, but just presented a little differently.

Cut the cooked part in 1 inch squares. Put some on the bottom of a glass dish. Add a layer of fudge instant pudding. Then a layer of whipped topping, then repeat. I topped mine with the whipped topping layer with crushed toffee sprinkled on top (the kind you buy like chocolate chips, for cookies, etc) but it would also have been good topped with bittersweet chocolate shavings, or any one of a number of other things, just to make it a little prettier then leaving the plain topping. It makes a very beautiful, elegant desert and people think you put a lot of work into it :-)

o

Just give me the whole pan and a spoon.
I'll take care of the problem right away.

Pooh Bear

o

That happened to me when I made brownies to take to church soup supper. I put them in my convection oven to cook longer. I didn't realize the dial on the convection had been set to 400! After they cooled, I had difficulty cutting them but I still took them with me. Afterwards, I found most of them still left in the dish. I couldn't even bite into one.

o

Pooh bear you better share some of that with me. I love brownie batter and have never had any problems from eating it. I always undercook my brownies. A 9x13 pan I only bake 18 minutes. I hate hard dry brownies.

o

Don't you test the pan when you take it out of the oven? Stick a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, they are done.

Speaking of...Have you guys ever seen the product, Brownie Brittle by Shelia G?? They are wonderful! Tastes like a brownie, but in a very thin and crispy wafer. Not all the stores carry it-I've seen them at Wegman's and Wal-mart. Costco carries it also, but I am afraid to have such a large bag in my house! I'd eat the WHOLE thing!

o

I personally LIKE over-cooked brownies. They have a nice crunch. And if they are really dry, they are great dunked in coffee. So I'd just turn on the oven and cook them some more-checking every 5 minutes. You don't want charcoal!

o

Problem solved. After recooking the brownies for a total of 12 minutes I simply cut around the perimeter, chucked the rest of the pan. GD (3) ate one, her brother (2) ate one and the rest are history. Oh well, there is a first time for everything. Satine

o

Hi Pooh Bear,

After you stick your spoon into the pan ...

... and lift it ...

... do you say, "Batter up!"?

ole joyful

o

LOL @ Joyful......

I've been eating raw cake and brownie batter since I was real little.
Used to be a treat to lick the mixing bowl. I have never had a problem with it.

Pooh Bear

o

Yeah - lickin' the mixin' bowl's fun!

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here