SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firemanswife_gw

Bubble gum+blanket...Help!!

firemanswife
13 years ago

Someone gave Tanna gum at school today and bless her heart she gave some to Trace. I just layed them down for naps and Trace showed me her blankie (that she adores) and her gum is stuck in it!

How in the heck to I get it out?

Comments (10)

• Mystical Manns
    13 years ago

I'd stick it in the freezer. Once frozen solid, you should be able to pry the gum off.

how do I know this ?????? LOL

• stephmc72
    13 years ago

Yes, freeze it...you can also just freeze the piece with some ice cubes vs putting the whole thing in the freezer.

• jel48
    13 years ago

I don't know how stoneybaloney knows it, but so does stephmc72 and so do I :-) It should chip right off once it's frozen!

• tami_ohio
    13 years ago

Same suggestion here! (works on hair and carpet, too!)

• hayjud_mn
    13 years ago

If you have little bits that don't come out from the freezing method, then rub some peanutbutter into the cloth to get the rest out.

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

lol..wait til you let them have gum, in the car, on vacation! omgoodness!

lucky for me i'd packed peanutbutter, and got it out of dgd's hair...needless to say that was the last time, lol...

• firemanswife
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I put it in the freezer. What a mess!
    Thanks for your help!

• hgl_gaylemarie
    13 years ago

Been there! What Mother hasn't? LOL!

• lindaohnowga
    13 years ago

Sticks better than glue, right? LOL Thank goodness it wasn't in her hair. I hope your house is equipped with bottles of peroxide for removing stains and magic erasers for removing crayon marks from walls.

• Terri_PacNW
    13 years ago

LOL Gayle..I think we all have....

If you didn't wet the "part" with the gum...and then freeze...I'd do that...The "ice" will help the gum crack and break off..

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH