SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Attention HOUSTON people lets meetup!!(everyone welcome)

Ok so we had talked about a meetup a while back and I was asked to put it together when the weather was a little better.

I am thinking about doing this lunch meet up in October and we have a couple of options on dates October 13 or the 20th which are both Saturdays. I am open for both so anyone that would have a preference please speak up. If we do it at say 1pm we would miss the crowds but that is open also.

This is not just for those in the Houston area of course anyone that wants to journey down for lunch with us is certainly welcome.

We have people scattered all over the Houston and surrounding areas so I wanted to pick a location that was easily accessible drive wise and also very accessible for those of us in wheelchairs. I also wanted a place that had wonderful food of course but also could easily handle a group and possibly put us in a separate room so we can hoot and holler as much as we want!

I think I have the perfect place. I have attended a couple of events similar to what we will be having here and everyone raved about it.

Peli Peli is the name of the restaurant. It is located in the beautiful Vintage Shopping area located at Louetta Road and Hiway 249 which makes it pretty easily accessed. Anyone coming in on I-45 can just take the Louetta west exit and it is a straight shot out Louetta to the Vintage. 249 makes it accessible from other areas. You can google map it to find your driving directions.

I have been to Peli Peli several times now and every time has been a great experience, the food is wonderful, Chef Paul is awesome and loves to come visit with the group and takes a picture which they will put in a frame and give to the group plus he then puts the image into the big screen tvs in the restaurant where everyone can see them, they are saved and added to the other pictures that are constantly playing. He loves to tell you the story of the restaurant and the Acacia tree which is the central structure of the place it is really like a piece of art. They have been awarded numerous awards for the food and the structure.

The food is wonderful, it is not cheap but not terribly expensive and there is a nice range in price and variety.

If you like drinks they have some of the most amazing custom drinks as you can see on the menu page of the website.

They have a desert called sticky toffee pudding that is to die for.

But enough about all that because now I am wanting to go there now.

This is their website so you can see all about it and the menus and the address and map for directions.

Peli Peli

When we firm up on the date I will call and ask for the ARK room which is a beautiful room where we can be as a group with out a lot of others around. We had my husbands birthday party there in that room.

So that is what we have so far, lets decide on which Saturday in October if it makes a difference to anyone.

Peli Peli is in the center core of the Vintage there are beautiful fountains and a courtyard there, the best parking would be to go around to the back side where there is a large parking lot and access from the back side of the courtyard. Going through the HEB parking lot to get to the back side is very easy, parking in the front at the courtyard can sometimes be difficult. This is a beautiful shopping area so that will also give you something to do if you would like to do some shopping.

This is the link to The Vintage Park

The Vintage Park

OK now who is coming!!! pass the word and lets try to keep this bumped up so everyone that wants to come gets a chance to see it. Please let anyone you can think of in this area know.

I can be contacted through the GW link on my profile page should you need to.

One last thing if you are coming go to google and do a search for Peli Peli coupons because quite often they have coupons for a free appetizer or dessert which are valuable coupons! Last time we went as a group I printed up enough of the free appetizer for most of us to have one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peli Peli

Comments (51)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz