Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attention HOUSTON people lets meetup!!(everyone welcome)

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 15:14

Ok so we had talked about a meetup a while back and I was asked to put it together when the weather was a little better.

I am thinking about doing this lunch meet up in October and we have a couple of options on dates October 13 or the 20th which are both Saturdays. I am open for both so anyone that would have a preference please speak up. If we do it at say 1pm we would miss the crowds but that is open also.

This is not just for those in the Houston area of course anyone that wants to journey down for lunch with us is certainly welcome.

We have people scattered all over the Houston and surrounding areas so I wanted to pick a location that was easily accessible drive wise and also very accessible for those of us in wheelchairs. I also wanted a place that had wonderful food of course but also could easily handle a group and possibly put us in a separate room so we can hoot and holler as much as we want!
I think I have the perfect place. I have attended a couple of events similar to what we will be having here and everyone raved about it.

Peli Peli is the name of the restaurant. It is located in the beautiful Vintage Shopping area located at Louetta Road and Hiway 249 which makes it pretty easily accessed. Anyone coming in on I-45 can just take the Louetta west exit and it is a straight shot out Louetta to the Vintage. 249 makes it accessible from other areas. You can google map it to find your driving directions.

I have been to Peli Peli several times now and every time has been a great experience, the food is wonderful, Chef Paul is awesome and loves to come visit with the group and takes a picture which they will put in a frame and give to the group plus he then puts the image into the big screen tvs in the restaurant where everyone can see them, they are saved and added to the other pictures that are constantly playing. He loves to tell you the story of the restaurant and the Acacia tree which is the central structure of the place it is really like a piece of art. They have been awarded numerous awards for the food and the structure.

The food is wonderful, it is not cheap but not terribly expensive and there is a nice range in price and variety.
If you like drinks they have some of the most amazing custom drinks as you can see on the menu page of the website.
They have a desert called sticky toffee pudding that is to die for.
But enough about all that because now I am wanting to go there now.

This is their website so you can see all about it and the menus and the address and map for directions.
Peli Peli

When we firm up on the date I will call and ask for the ARK room which is a beautiful room where we can be as a group with out a lot of others around. We had my husbands birthday party there in that room.

So that is what we have so far, lets decide on which Saturday in October if it makes a difference to anyone.

Peli Peli is in the center core of the Vintage there are beautiful fountains and a courtyard there, the best parking would be to go around to the back side where there is a large parking lot and access from the back side of the courtyard. Going through the HEB parking lot to get to the back side is very easy, parking in the front at the courtyard can sometimes be difficult. This is a beautiful shopping area so that will also give you something to do if you would like to do some shopping.

This is the link to The Vintage Park
The Vintage Park

OK now who is coming!!! pass the word and lets try to keep this bumped up so everyone that wants to come gets a chance to see it. Please let anyone you can think of in this area know.
I can be contacted through the GW link on my profile page should you need to.

One last thing if you are coming go to google and do a search for Peli Peli coupons because quite often they have coupons for a free appetizer or dessert which are valuable coupons! Last time we went as a group I printed up enough of the free appetizer for most of us to have one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peli Peli

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attention HOUSTON people lets meetup!!(everyone welcome)

Here are a couple of pictures one of the entrance to The Vintage and one of Peli Peli

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

I am planning to be in your area sometime after the middle of October. I could do the 20th and hopefully Marilyn C would come with me since we would be camping in her area.

o

Raven, I just talked to Mike and he has to be home by the 28th (darn men) so I looked at my calendar and I can do the 13th but won't be available for the 20th.

o

Nita that would be awesome if we can work it for you to be here, I was thinking about what you had mentioned when we discussed it earlier.
I am fine with whatever works for everyone.

o

Raven, if the 20th is best for everyone that is fine. Hopefully you and I could meet on a day while we will be in your area.

o

I think we are looking at the 13th so Nita can attend since she will be here then. So if we are all ok with it I am fine with it. By the way Terilyn is extremely ill has had pneumonia for 2 weeks. I knew I had not seen her here for a while. She emailed me she is ok with the 13th. I hope she gets well soon.
So the 13th is looking positive.

o

Raven, I will try to make it. I have some extensive dental work planned for around that time, so I may be snaggle toothed. I would love to meet you, but I am doing this for Nita, because I know she would never forgive me.

o

I'm in and will be there.

Raven had asked me to help her keeping track of who will be coming. Please keep both of us informed. The best is to post it here, on this thread. I will try to keep track of this thread daily.

o

Excellent! I am looking forward to meeting all of you too. Marilyn don't worry about the dental work as long as you can eat and laugh it's all good.
Thanks to all and thanks ntt for helping me keep up Lord knows I need a keeper lol.

o

I sent Gayle a message, talked to Zbrat, she is coming with me.

o

Cool.! I hope you are feeling better Terilyn.

o

Know what! I might see how much flights are for from B'ham.

o

Oh Glenda that would be neat. If you wanted to stay at a hotel / motel near my house we would be happy to be your chauffeur to the lunch. Let me know what you decide, but be sure if you do fly in you come into Bush International it is closest.

Normally I offer my home but with it being in the state of transition with the renovations it is not very homey lol.

o

Glenda, you are more than welcome to stay here. Warning...we are a dog home! They all think they are lap dogs, big ones though! Just let me know!

o

Terilyn we had some of those big lap dogs too our Great Danes LOL
Our visitors would be sitting there and one would walk up and start backing up and plop down their butt in the persons lap. Danes love to do that.

o

For you, Raven

o

Omg hilarious, but seriously you can not hide anything from them!

o

Flight, car rental, motel just won't work in my budget for such a short time :o(

o

Well it was worth a shot and we would love to have you join us.

o

Oh, what fun this will be. I wish I could be there, but already have to much to fit in the small area of fall break.

Now you all don't do anything I wouldn't do!!!!!

:)

Moni

o

Hello! I haven't posted in such a long time, I don't know most of the "newer" folks. But, I don't like to miss a Houston Meetup with the folks I have met from here.

Hopefully, I will be able to make it.

I haven't met Glenda yet, but I sure feel like I know her. Wish she could come.

o

HI!!! glad you came back and sure hope you do come to the lunch meetup. It will be nice to meet so many and put faces to names. I am terrible with names and getting worse daily but for me if I have met and can put the name to the person face to face I have better retention of the names. NOT always lol but it seems to help.

o

By the way it is official it will be on October 13th at 1pm at Peli Peli.

Any one have any problems with that please let me know asap.

o

Actually, I'm not new to KT. I've been here for years but have not been posting as much. GW and HS are big and have too many forums. I'm scattered a little over a few of these forums. KT is one place I often come back to. It has a friendly and genuine atmosphere and many of you are such entertainers :o). It's hard to be away too long.

o

bumping back up
hoping more of the ones in the area will see this.

o

I thought we had quite a few in the Houston area, no?

Ok, if you show up, I promise not to roll over your feet with my wheelchair :]

o

I am thinking about driving down. I will have to give it some more thought. Terilyn, could I stay with you? It would be so much fun to see Nita again!

o

Linda, you are more than welcome to stay here! Just let me know.

o

The more the merrier!

o

A friend and I have tickets to see the Olympic gymnasts in Des Moines on Oct. 12. I forgot that we got those tickets right after the Olympics. Gabby will be performing. So sorry to miss seeing all of you. Terilynn, thanks for the invitation.

o

I am bumping back up. I am traveling and may not have Internet access for a while. What all the people who might be interested to see.

o

Wish I could come!

o

bumping up...

o

Bumping up so everyone gets a chance to see this invitation.

o

Bumping up...

o

Bumping up...

o

Bump...

o

As far as I know everyone that lives in the Houston area has already replied. I don't think there will be anyone else coming. It sure is going to be fun seeing everyone.

o

I have been traveling in the rv with out Internet access, thanks for bumping it up.
I think we will have a nice gathering of folks. I am really looking forward to meeting all and having a great lunch!
Nita so happy that you can make it!
If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

o

Ok since we are getting close to the 13th just wanted to update.
The reservations are set up at Peli Peli and we can have the ARK room that I was hoping for. Time is at 1pm.

My husband will be with me I wanted to make sure any one that wanted to have a spouse or friend or any one with them is sure welcome.
I padded a few extra slots in the reservations but it should be no problem to add more to the table.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

o

We are on the road headed your way. We will arrive in hitchcock, near Marilyn, on the 10th. Thanks for letting us know that your DH will be coming. I don't know if Mike will be coming but if he does they can talk RV's. LOL Mike has met quite a few KTer's so it is a good possibility that he will come.

Hope your weather holds since it is cold here in Fredericksburg but supposed to get nicer starting tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

o

bump.....

o

OH, there MUST be pictures of EVERYONE and they MUST
be shown here. No excuses! lol

o

Every one attending we will be in the Ark room, when you walk in turn to the right past the band stage, and the Ark room is on the right.
1pm Saturday!
See you there.
Remember that there's plenty of parking around the back side.

o

Health looking good Raven. Looks like I will be making there. Looking forward to meet everyone!

Natalie

o

Have a wonderful time, ya'll!

o

We moved from The Woodlands to Central FL exactly a year ago. I would have come if it wasn't 1000 miles away now. Life is all about he timing, isn't it?

o

Today's the big day - have a great time everyone - we'll be thinking of you all!

o

A grand time was had by all! And omg the food was absolutely wonderful. We had a great time and sat around visiting till after 4pm! Awesome to put faces to names. I look forward to the next get together. Marilyn, what a great lady, brought me a gift! The most beautiful blown glass ball for my totems. Thanks again! A really beautiful day here today also. I hated to leave.

o

I too had a great time. You ladies and your hubbies are so wonderful to meet. It was a pleasure and no surprises. Everyone was as nice and as friendly as I had imagined to be.

We already have plan for a March (2013) gathering when Nita_AZ will be making another round to Texas. So, save up and plan to meet if you can.

Oh boy, I'm stuffed....

o

It was so much fun and I got to hug everybody. So nice to meet Raven and NTT. Raven's husband was so nice, we talked some about RV's and also motorcycles.

It was especially fun to see Becca and Terilyn again. Always fun with lots of laughs.

The food was excellent and really enjoyed the key lime pie. It was nice to have a separate room where we could go around and visit and not have other people getting in the way. The service was excellent also.

We will let you all know when we are heading this way in March on the way to Florida to see my folks. It is a good stopping spot for a few days in the middle of our long drive. What better place to stop where you can visit friends and have a good time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here