Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you like documentaries a freebie for you

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 13:47

This one was also mentioned on Kim Komando (she often has some good stuff on her newsletters). It is a site where you can watch free documentaries. I watched one on getting in to the Cirque du Soleil. Very well done. Since there are fewer good things to watch this might fill the gap.
The Documentary Network

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you like documentaries a freebie for you

Thanks Raven. I do enjoy documentaries. Will definetely check this out.

Say Raven, when is it a good time for KTrs in Houston to meet? Are we still doing it or did I missed it?

o

I love documentaries! Thanks for the link.

o

Yes, I would love to have the meeting, we had said we wanted to wait for a little cooler weather. It is finally moving that direction. We will be traveling the next couple of weekends. I was thinking about the early part of October?

o

Oh, don't you dare forget your cameras!!!! That would be fun! HoustonMom is obviously in the area. I wonder who else is. Ruthie_Tx, but I don't know where she lives.

o

I plan on posting a thread here well in advance so that we can try to get everyone that wants to go, and everyone will know about it, hopefully in time to make plans.

We had originally discussed it being a lunch meeting somewhere kinda central, easy to get to, and roomy so we can spread out and spend some time visiting. I will pick out a place where we can enjoy the visit.

I am looking forward to it.

o

October sounds good Raven.

We had such a pretty day on Monday, I met with a friend for lunch at Niko's Niko at Montrose. The few times I was there before, I remembered this place being tight. I couldn't get my wheelchair around and my friend had to get the food for me. I was surprised this time of how roomy Niko's Niko has become. My friend said that they remodeled. It was spacious and more wheelchair accessible. We sat at their outside dining area, it was pleasant.

So, if everyone likes Greek food, Niko's Niko would be a good choice with good food and pretty scenery. Or we could meet at any of the restaurant around Rice Village as long as it's wheelchair accessible (for me & Raven). I'm easy so any choice of food is good for me.

o

I promise any place I am considering will have good access, I absolutely hate when I go to a place that is not equipped properly.

My husband's company had our Christmas gala event at this very fancy very expensive historic building down in Houston. The gal that was in charge never even consider or apparently thought of the fact that I would be in a wheelchair or that one of the top men in the company had just had hip surgery and was on crutches. The entrance had no curb cuts and a huge staircase leading up to the event. When we pulled up to valet everyone just stood there. I said well where is the accessible entrance. Finally some one came up and said we could go through the building beside it then through some passage ways which took us through the kitchen of our event but they were not expecting anyone there so they had it all blocked with food racks. It was horrible, I was furious. I had to leave the same way and that time we ran across partially undressed waiters. The guy on crutches made his journey up the extremely tall staircase.

Believe me that gal, who ever she happens to be working for now, will never forget about accessibility!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here