Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have Tadpole's salsa recipe?

Posted by nicole_ont (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 13:19

I'm at a big farmer's market and buying a giant basket of tomatoes to make sauce and salsa. I remember people raving over TT's salsa - think I'll try it if I can get the recipe. Wondering too what else I should buy for it while I'm here.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have Tadpole's salsa recipe?

Nicole, it is in the recipes at the KT gathering place. Here it is.

Tadpole's Salsa

28.8 oz. can whole tomatoes
6 oz. can pickled jalape�os, seeded. Or about 6 large
1or2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. lime juice
Salt &pepper to taste

Pur�e garlic in food processor until minced
Follow with the remaining ingredients until fairly smooth.

Enjoy!

o

Annie's Salsa Recipe

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
2-1/2 cups onion, chopped
1-1/2 cups green pepper, chopped
3 - 5 jalapenos, chopped
6 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/8 cup canning salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup 5% apple cider vinegar
2 cups (16 oz.) tomato sauce
2 cups (16 oz.) tomato paste

Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Pour into hot pint jars, seal and process in a boiling water canning bath for 15 minutes.

Makes about 6 pints.

Additional Notes for Ingredients and Processing:

8 cups

this is another fabulous salsa recipe that has received rave reviews...add it to your recipe collection to try sometime.

o

Tadpole's Salsa

28.8 oz can whole tomatoes
6 oz. can pickled jalapenos, seeded (or about 6 large)
1 or 2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Puree garlic in food processor until minced. Follow with the remainder of the ingredients and process until fairly smooth. That's it!!!

o

Thanks so much! I'll try both recipes. :)

o
RE: Anyone have Tabbbbdpole's salsa recipe?

I see the one OAH shared has cumin in it, now. OAH must have changed his original recipe.

o

That's Cilantro Glender..... :)

The recipe remains as basic as ever.. you just add a thing or two that makes you happy. Cilantro is a very potent and polarising herb, seems like most people either love it or hate it. Jenny loves it so it makes the salsa. I slapped the current version on another thread. Not much different from years ago.

o
RE: Anbbbyone have Tadpole's salsa recipe?

OAH, please post it here.

I don't care for cumin or cilantro :o)

o

Nicole (first, nice to see you again), when you make gemini's salsa (sounds delicious) make sure you do skin the tomatoes as she directed. It's easy if you drop them in boiling water for a minute or so. If you leave the skins on you will have a completely different outcome. The salsa will very possibly gelatinize. Not nasty to eat but certainly not what you envisioned.

I think between the two recipes you will have a cool couple of salsas! One seems to be a clone of the jarred type picante' sauce and the other is that bowl you usually find in the strip mall Mexican joints.

o

Cumin and cilantro are not the same thing...most of the rest of the world calls cilantro "coriander".

o

I made "Annies"
salsa a few weeks ago (substituting Annaheim peppers and making half a recipe) and it was the very BEST fresh salsa ever. Those I canned are on the shelf...but cooked makes it change a bit. I would add fresh cilantro when I open the jar...not within the canning process.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here