SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Trying to find a rescue/group home for German Shepherds

caroline94535
11 years ago

An elderly friend has had to go into a nursing home/rehab facility. She is older and in poor health, both mentally and physically.

I'm trying to find a rescue group to take her two German Shepherds. Both are beautiful, pure German Shepherds, neither is very well socialized. She lived alone and they listen to her perfectly. They are protective and not too interested in other people.

For the time being her son has arranged for them to be fed by a neighbor. They have food, water, shelter, and are checked on daily, but that's no life for them.

I'm trying desperately to help to find a home for these two dogs. A male, Thunder Drummer, and a female, Raven Dawn. They have potential; they are smart and alert. They need human socialization.

Can you point me in a direction to find a rescue organization for them? I've contacted several groups on the 'net, but no answers so far.

Her son lives in Mississippi. Any home/shelter in the south would probably be accessible to us.

The son's wife is recovering from lymphoma; they already have three dogs. We have Harry and Sam. There is simply no way we can take on German Shepherds with the issues these dogs have - but we can't just have them put down, either. It would break all our hearts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Comments (10)