SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Your experience w pillow top mattresses? Cross Post

dedtired
10 years ago

I also posted this on the Home Decorating Forum. Apologies for the repeat but I am trying to get many opinions on whether pillow tops on mattresses sag not long after purchasing. Thanks.

I am mattress shopping. It is worse than shopping for a car. Slick salespeople, phony "sales", impossible to compare the same mattress from store to store. The last time I bought a mattress for myself there was one choice -- innerspring without a pillow top. I'm sure latex was out there but not widely for sale.

Now the choices and amount of info are mind boggling. I definitely do not want a memory foam mattress. I cant risk being hot and did not like the feel of the ones I tried at the store. It felt like I was being swallowed by it.

So, I am going to get another innerspring mattress. Most of them have pillow tops. However my research shows that people complaining that the pillow top gets canoe-shaped sags very quickly. Some recommend getting an innerspring without a pillow top and adding a latex topper, which could be replaced every few years as needed.

I have been checking out all the web sites for advice, but if one person loves a mattress, the next one hates it.

So, has your pillow top sagged? What mattress do you have that you love or hate? Thanks.

Comments (29)