SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

The "Third Thing"?

chisue
9 years ago

Do bad things come in threes? Starting a week ago...

We had to call an exterminator to rid our west foundation (and MBR wall) of wasps. The exterminator thought the nest got started in mid-July.

Our land line died at the same time we discovered the wasps. We thought it might have been related to the nest because that's where the line enters the house, but it was due to a malfunction in a relay box far from us. (Nobody else had reported a problem.)

Last night I woke just after 2 a.m. and walked around the house with my mini-flashlight, trying to see the Super Moon between clouds. I went back to bed and turned of my flashlight. Hah! Our power had gone out while I was up for five minutes. I called, and a repairman pulled up in a giant, noisy truck with powerful lights ten minutes later. We were only 'out' about two hours. (Nobody else had noticed the outage...yet.)

OK, are we DONE now?

Maybe not. We have two bands of heavy rain and high winds predicted to arrive after midnight tonight and into Wednesday morning. We just finished picking up small branches after 65MPH winds and 'sideways' downpours Friday. The rain was so heavy our downspouts looked like fire hoses.

Comments (9)