Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UT Austin, TX campus threats, evacuating

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 11:35

Just on the news a threat of some sort has happened there and everyone was ordered off campus.
Some people said it was a terrorist threat.
Major chaos going on.

Saying prayers all is well!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UT Austin, TX campus threats, evacuating

Oh my goodness.
My dear friend's son is at TCU.
She'll be a nervous wreck just knowing it's going on in a college somewhere in TX.

o

Oh no now they report it is also happening at a university in North Dakota too!

o

A middle Eastern man announced on campus he was with AlQuida and they have planted bombs all over campuses and they will be set off. That was just on the local news and on the ticker at the bottom.

I think I would be calling my kids and telling them to get off campus wherever they are!

o

Dang it. They've won. 9/11 has accomplished what they set out to do. My heart is sick. Thoughts and prayers with everyone around the world, especially the babies in our schools. They need to get on with a full, long life!

o

They said it is the University in Fargo, North Dakota that was also evacuating.
At UT apparently they are going building by building to examine them.

o

I've thought about it some more. Warning, doesn't seem to realy be their style. It can't be real. Or I'm in denial? Anyone watching tv that can give anything else not yet stated?

o

they are being tight lipped no one of authority at UT is speaking to the press yet. All they have said is they got the call in this morning then sent out all the alerts and text messages and posted to twitter and facebook to try to get the word out fast. The various students of course know nothing other than they were told it was a bomb threat and to leave campus immediately.

Yes I am hoping it is a fake too. But the thing is they all have to be taken seriously now and forever more.

o

I have a friend that works at UT Austin.

o

Update at 12:46 p.m. ET: "From what I understand, all the buildings are cleared of anything suspicious," says Lee Clippard, a UT-Austin spokesman. "All the buildings are going to be available to be re-entered at noon.(CDT) All operarions are going to be resumed at 5 p.m. (CDT.)"

o

Current time: September 14, 2012 at 11:59 am

September 14, 2012 11:46 am by jhj485

Classes on the Main university campus are cancelled for the remainder of Friday, September 14, 2012. University buildings may be re-entered effective noon today. All University activities except for scheduled classes will resume at 5:00 pm this date.

o

Yes that is what is being reported on the news so thankful it seems like it was a fake. But my goodness what the poor kids and parents went through. I would have been going insane if I had a child there in that situation. Even worse it was raining.

o

The home pages of both universities have the evacuation information on them.

o

NDSU hasn't been cleared yet. But at least one is done!

o

NDSU will reopen at 1 pm. (A few minutes ago) and classes will resume at 2 pm. The FBI is investigating to see if the 2 threats are connected.
Sure sounds like it to me! Everything is ok here from what I've read.

o

Not again. University Of Pittsburgh was terrorized for months. Finally it ended, only to be picked up at other colleges.
What a world we live in.

o

I agree Robb333, if someone wanted the greatest amount of people killed (usually the goal) they would offer no warnings. The element of surprise is their most powerful weapon.

But sadly, in this day and age, any yahoo can make threats and the schools, or companies MUST take it seriously, lest one person be hurt. Anyone can stir up trouble-punk kids, distgruntled ex-employees, the mentally ill etc. Police have no way to know whether or not it's credible until they've searched room by room and wasted countless time, resources and money.

Teresa-alumni of Virginia Tech, site of the deadliest school shooting by a single gunman in the U.S.

o

Our building was also evacuated at OU Health Sciences Center today at about noon.

o

Oh I didn't know that about OU Kim, wow that had to have brought back a lot of flash backs and fright.
It is so sad that there are such evil people in our world.
I am sure thankful no one was hurt or harmed.
Just threats like these could be enough to cause someone to have a heart attack. Or cause deadly car crashes with people trying to get away.
I hope they find these monsters.

o

I remember in the late 60s the spate of bomb threats at public high schools. It went on for quite awhile, and finally stopped. Kids were making the calls, but you just had to be sure.

o

I guess it wasn't taken too seriously. The bomb squad didn't come and it wasn't on the local news.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here