Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is Your Favorite Color?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 11:02

I like a lot of colors, and I especially like purple all the shades and tints of it. How about you, what is your favorite?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is Your Favorite Color?

Greens, except for very bright green.

o

for clothes? i end up with a lot of blue from the days when dh was a soccer coach at the local hs...tees in every color...

my fave room in the house is the office, in a soft sage green...

o

Same as Marilyn, Especially soft sage green.

o

FROG says green

o

Green here too. I especially love mint, sage and teal greens. I am not a fan of lime or forest green.

o

Red has been my favorite color since I was a baby and was seen reaching for only the red lights on the Christmas tree.

o

right now it's blue. and purple. and pink.

I don't like green and orange.

o

I guess I'd have to say the pale yellows if I had to choose a favorite. Next up would be light coral, then light sage green.

Shirley

o

Definitely purple--all shades. Next is blue. I don't like green (except for Frog and Nephew), orange or yellow.

o

Green and brown.Don't like purple or red.

o

Probably Bright Teal Blue, a blue with a touch of green. Our exterior house color is this shade. We get so many compliments on it, especially from teenagers walking by. I also love just about all shades of pink, purple, violet.

My unfavorites are orange (though I sometimes like a coral peach), brown, & yellow. Except for deep burgundy, I'm definitely not a fan of the "Fall colors".

o

Another purple here. From dark grape to mauve, it's always been my favorite color.

Now yellow and green(except olive) are colors I shun.

o

My very favorite is aqua, but I love turquoise, too. That works for me in either decor or clothes.

o

Must depend on the day of the week, my mood or whatever. Mostly I like strong colors, black (that's a no color isn't it?)especially with a white accent. Brown, green, (to the olive tones), lime,true blues, some shades of yellow or gold, some orange, beige, red, but no blue reds, no pinks, not crazy about purple.

jude

o

Blue,most all shades of it,followed by red,the blue reds,not the orangy redsand greens.
Kathi

o

I love pale aqua or a bright turquoise.

o

I love black, and a rose pink.

o

Brown seems to work with my skin tone as I age.
And I enjoy white blouses!

Definitely NOT red for me!

o

Now why in the world did my response not show up the first time? I went back to read people's favorite colors and mine wasn't there. Checked it twice. Now both posts are showing. Anyway, I guess you all know I like aqua :-)

o

Green's blue's & Purple

o

I like many colors, but am partial to green, yellow, red and blue. If I had to pick one, it would be blue: A blue sky with white clouds; a blue sky with red roses; A blue sky with green grass; Cheerful grandchildren in blue clothing.

o

All colors after planting flowers. I used to despise all forms of orange. I even like those now. I love, love, robin's egg blue. Not cause my name is Robin though. To wear? Teal, forrest green, grey blues, and plum. My house? Soft yellow in the kitchen and livingroom. Apple green or aqua in the bedrooms. My car? I owned five or six white cars in a row until I bought my current red car. Everyone says it "fits" me. Whatever that means!

o

My favorite colors change with the seasons.

o

Well, for flowers I like all the colors. An orange flower is pretty, an orange pumpkin is pretty. The green and the orange, just not in my home or wardrobe. I have some green accent pieces, little bits here and there, I don't hate it, but please nothing big, like walls, rugs, couches...etc lol

o

black, purple, teal and white

o

Yellow and then purples

o

I tend to gravitate toward greens, and I love aqua.

june

o

Pink, pink, all shades of pink! Red, butter yellow. I took a stick of butter to the paint store to match for our house color. I love sea glass green. Can't think of a color I hate. Black comes close, had a Goth kid, black clothes, hair, etc. Don't care for it so much anymore.

o

Black. I've always wanted a room with black walls and all white furniture but hubby said heck no. I also love almost all shades of blue and green and white.

o

Purple and green are my favorite colors.
This painting is in my living room. This picture does not really do it justice though. Much more colorful. I love it!

o

It's impossible to pick just one. I love black to wear. My house is decorated in neutral tones but I'm a quilter and love combining all kinds of colors. I also love, blues, rusts, and jewel tones in general. My car is a dark sapphire blue and the previous one was racing green.

o

My favorite is navy blue. I wear it a lot and have it in my house. I don't like green, orange or burgundy, but do like red...if I lived alone I'd have a red kitchen.

o

All shades and tones of purples, and greens, and reds, and yellows, touches of orange, creamy "thick" neutrals, white, black...everything! Except grey.

I do not understand the popularity of painting walls grey? Grey makes me think of morgues and prisons. And Navy carriers...Navy carriers are great, but they do need a decorator's touch! Grey wolves are cool; Harry's grey muzzle is priceless, but grey walls or furniture? Too depressing.

My "Lilac Vapor" sewing room. Since taking this photo I've repainted the baseboards so the nail spackle doesn't show.

o

Purple, all shades. I don't like orange or green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here