SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Spoiled Brat?

jewelisfabulous
9 years ago

There's a trip I make every fall to a touristy area that's a half day's drive from my town. I usually set aside a minimum of 4 days for the trip to give myself enough time to do all my favorite things when I get there. I have done the trip in 3 days but prefer not to because I'd have to sacrifice some of the activities and it's just too tiring to do all that driving in such a short period of time.

Two friends of mine have always wanted to go on the trip with me but have had schedule conflicts in the past. Finally, this year, it looked like they'd be able to join me. However, their available time for the trip keeps getting shortened.

We started off with the usual 4 days, then it got switched to 3 1/2 days because one of my friends has a commitment come up that she can't get out of the morning we were to leave. Next, the remaining 1/2 day disappeared as the other friend's husband is in need of her help that afternoon and can't find anyone else.

In our last discussion, I talked about us leaving late afternoon so we could get to the hotel by 9-10pm and be there to start doing things the next morning.

Now, my two friends are saying that leaving late that day would be too tiring and they don't want to be on the road at dusk/dark, so they want to leave the next morning instead! I feel that there now isn't going to be nearly enough time for me to do all the things I want to do before we have to pack up and leave for the half day's drive back home.

So, I'm planning to tell my friends that I'll be happy to meet them at our destination, but that I'm going to leave when I originally planned to so I have my usual 4 day vacation.

Does that make me sound like an inflexible spoiled brat?

Comments (44)