SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salgal33

weight loss and "my fitness pal"

Sally Brownlee
9 years ago

Back in May I posted about the free website My Fitness Pal.
It is a food logging site that helps with accountability and tracking of calories, fats, protein, carbs, etc. I started using faithfully in January... and started losing weight. Somewhere in early summer I got a little lazy, quit logging - and my weight loss stopped.
But then the scale crept up a couple notches...
So about 3 weeks ago I got serious about it and my weight loss has resumed.
I was glad for the little break, but happy to be back on the right path.
It is SO easy for me to overeat if I don�t log every bite!

I highly recommend this site if you need some help � even if you need to gain weight! There are many forum subjects: nutrition help, motivation, success stories, recipes....and many, many groups you can be a part of. (ie: weightlifting, running, Medifast, low carb, fasting, BeachBody, juicing, one meal a day, eating disorders, over 50 yrs old, over 100 lbs to lose...this list goes on and on) and for the most part people are very nice and supportive. You can choose to be a part of what works for you.
I enjoy reading others struggles and successes. It keeps me motivated and encouraged when I need it.
For me it�s just calories in and calories out. And staying within my set guidelines.
Your profile can be as private or as public as you want. My diary is private.
As of this morning I have lost 33 pounds since January. 17 more to my goal....which was originally 50 by Christmas, but I�m okay if I don�t make it. A pound a week will be very, very hard the closer I get to goal.
I do walk/run, but I am committed to the premise that "you cannot out exercise a bad a diet"
Maybe at Christmas I�ll post my 1 year "then and now" photos".
Just wanted to share what has been working for me!

Comments (7)