Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Are Your Plans for This Weekend?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 9:16

It is only 50 out right now, but the sun is trying to come out, so that is good. I am dusting and cleaning up my dining room. It has been neglected with all the canning that has been going on around here. If I should get that room done then I can move on to the next room. I have started my Christmas shopping and have to find a place to put those things and also have Halloween treats to put up. Tomorrow maybe go to church and then not sure what else, maybe see the pictures oldest daughter and her husband took on their trip to Tennessee. I might make a pot of chili soup in case we all do get together and put together some kind of dessert too. I had hoped to get some sewing done, but right now it looks doubtful. What are the rest of you doing this weekend?

Sue in Central Indiana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Are Your Plans for This Weekend?

I don't have set plans... but bicycling is always in the plan... only, it is raining right now.

The afternoon ride might get cancelled.

Tomorrow we have the same rain opportunity.. and really, the rain is GREAT. We have a HUGE rain deficiency here in Oklahoma.

Moni.. who just killed two hours looking at stuff on pinterest.

o

I have been cleaning my closet. What a miserable job that is. This morning I pulled out a few items that need to be washed on the gentle cycle, so they are sloshing around right now. I also have at least five loads sorted and ready to go.

I am going to clean my den which is where I sit all the time and right now it is knee deep in papers. Whatever happened to the paperless society??

It's cloudy and cool and I hope I get a walk in.

o

Tried to stay up as late as I could last night. Only lasted till about 1 am. I picked up overtime at our other hospital in town this evening. 3:30 to midnight shift today then tomorrow I'm going to relax because Monday I have to clean the house and do some grocery shopping and get my car's oil and filter changed. Been putting that off for too long.

o

It is beautiful and sunny here after a few days of overcast skies and some rain. Today I am going to clean in the motor home in preparation of leaving on Friday for three weeks.

Tomorrow I will put some things in the motor home and we are having friends over for dinner.

o

Today I am going to do a little cleaning. Not much.
ISU has a home football game this evening and a friend is bringing their 6 month old little girl, Marin, to me to watch while the parents go to the game. I am going to hold her most of the time she is here.
I am also going for a long walk today. Tomorrow after church I am going to a nearby town for a cousin's baby shower. I made a quilt for the baby girl they are expecting.
I also need to buy some ISU clothing for Finn, who turns 2 on Monday.

o

It's football Saturday here so not much gets done. Yesterday I got a new server table for our dining room. It's so pretty. It was advertised in our On Top of the World newspaper and was brand new still in the box. I got a really good deal on it and badly needed something to put casseroles, etc. on when we have guests. It's so nice and doesn't take up a lot of room. So I've been experimenting on "stuff" to put on the shelves. It has two lined drawers in which I'll probably store napkins/placemats.

Tomorrow I want to bake some and make Glenda's blueberry dessert. Don't like pro football so Sunday's are pretty boring around here.

o

I have to take it easy this weekend as I had surgery on Wed. They removed one of my ovaries & the fallopian tube. My ovary had a 8cm cyst that was so big it had fallen over & was pressing everything over to the other side & the pain from that was unbearable. Next surgery on my elbow is Nov 2nd. Hope this is all the surgeries for a while

o

Had an epidural in my neck this morning.

Read a book this afternoon while recouping from epidural.

Tomorrow the gal I travel with is hosting a "Story Telling Party" ... you can tell any story you want as long as it's under five minutes. Should be fun.

Jodi-

o

I finished decorating the house for fall today. Now it's time to clean again.
Going to read for awhile tonight, or watch a movie. Probably both at the same time. :)
No special plans for tomorrow I guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here