Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wow jcp

Posted by jenson13 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 7:24

What a difference in JCP. They had so gone downhill right after Christmas, and NOW are updating their look and quality. It has only started and wont be finished till next year, but it is a great difference. Great displays, and much better merchandise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wow jcp

The JCP flyer that comes with the Sunday paper really looks high-end. I think they had a change in management.

o

well seems there are different opinions since there are 2 posts on the front page now one praising JCP the other disappointed in JCP
LOL

I have not been in JCP in ages not sure I would know the difference.

o

The Sunday newspaper ad was really loevly. I think their CEO was bounced when the 'no advertising/just great prices' idea didn't fly -- but for all I know this was in the works before he left.

I have always liked Penney's, although I don't do much shopping now we are retired and have two of everything anyway! However, I was just at JCP last week -- and found the Isontoner-type slippers I was looking for.

o

I was just there today and bought three pairs of pants and three basic cotton pull-over type tops. That's my go-to place for basic slacks or jeans and tops. I don't even look at anything else because I rarely buy anything else.

o

Three days ago, I got an email from them announcing their new namesake brand labeled JCP.

I too have always like Penney's, slacks, nice blouses, shoes, and this year I got a nice shower curtain, and then nice, reasonably priced coordinating towels to go with it. What I found nice in the dry goods department was sales help on the floor that 'offered' to help me. She picked out so many wonder color combinations, that I kind of got overwhelmed by them before making my decisions.
Sue

o

I like their selections of washable area rugs and curtains. I usually order online, rarely go to the store. They also carry a good selection of wide shoes. Recently ordered one of those stand-up behind the toilet storage units for my DD... it was the nicest looking one for the money that I found (haven't taken it out of the box yet, but I am hoping it is good quality... I know it is HEAVY! :)

o

I forgot about the valances I got earlier this year that I really liked. I viewed them in the store, decided on the perfect color, and needed five of them. They didn't have five in stock, so they ordered them and had them shipped to my house with no charge for shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Supreme antique satin scalloped valance

o

I was in there just last weekend and couldn't find anything I liked. The store seemed empty to me. Maybe they were doing a remake and I just hadn't noticed. I'll have to try it again. I normally really like JCP.

o

I've always liked JCP. Decent quality and their prices are better than macys or other high-end stores.

o

I love their new 'Liz Claiborne' section~~they have always sold some but now at my store there is a huge selection~~~they sell lots of the 3/4 sleeved tops that are just perfect for me. I am a happy camper, the prices are good also;)

o

I did appreciate the scrapping of the "sales." They are nothing but gimmicks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here