SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Army Surgery Is Over

jannie
11 years ago

I'm the successful kidney transplant recipient with the arm difficulties. The "fistulas" vein in my left arm where I got my dialysis for four and a half years was big and swollen. I had an operation in June to close it off ("ligation" )but it formed blood clots and remained swollen. Another surgery in July to remove the blood clots ("thrombectomy") but they came back. I was disappointed and saw another vascular surgeon, who gave me a second opinion, offering a minor procedure like the first surgeon wanted, or a more major removal of the vein with plastic surgery. I went back to vascular surgeon yesterday and he did another thrombectomy. Things went well from the start. My daughter drove me to the hospital and stayed all day with me. I was told to get there at 6:30 am, They prepped me and got the IV sedation in easily, the actual operation lasted from about 8:30 to ten, recovery went well,I was given some pain medication, some food, and sent home. We got home about noon, darling daughter Vicki made me lunch, put me to bed and then cleaned house! What a doll! I felt pretty good, my dressing isn't as tight as the others, no real pain, I just kept it propped up on pillows and rested. Today (Tuesday) I woke up early and still feel good. I'm going to the doctors office on Wednesday to have him remove the "pressure bandage." Now I'm just crossing my fingers my arm will look close to normal. Anyone else want to cross their fingers? Toes?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting