Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, September 1, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 12 at 0:52

Grilled Steak with Yum Yum Sauce

If you have ever been to a Japanese steak house, then you know all about this sauce. Depending on the place you go, it actually has many names: Yum Yum Sauce, Sakura Sauce, or just White Sauce. In reality this sauce is very easy to create and goes great with grilled meats, seafood, and vegetables. I enjoyed the sauce with a nicely grilled sirloin steak.

Yum Yum Ingredients:

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:

Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Place in refrigerator, covered, for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.

Steak Ingredients:

1 Steak
Coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Yum Yum Sauce

Directions:

Prepare grill for medium direct grilling.
Season steak with salt and pepper.
Place steak on grill, and grill till desired doneness.
Serve steak with Yum Yum Sauce.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, September 1, 201

Apple Monkey Bread Bites

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated biscuits OR 1 large can of biscuits
1/2 cup apple - cored, peeled, and chopped into small pieces *note you can omit the apple if you choose

Instructions

Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Mix butter and brown sugar in a small bowl, then spoon 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a gallon ziploc bag. Cut the biscuit dough into small pieces. Put the biscuit pieces and chopped apple into the cinnamon sugar bag. Shake to coat.
Place into muffin cups.

Bake at 350 degrees for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through. (You can poke them with a fork to see.)
Cool for 1 minute; then turn upside down onto a cookie sheet.

Best served warm

o

100-Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlets

Prep:
15 mins
Cooking:
25 mins
Level:
Easy
Cooling:
60 mins
Yields:
16 servings

Looking for that great taste of pumpkin pie without the guilt of overindulging? Now you can, with these 100-Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlets. This satisfying treat is the perfect size to snack on by itself or enjoy as an elegant finish to the perfect meal.

Ingredients

16 (2 1/2-inch) foil baking cups
Nonstick cooking spray
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLE'S CARNATION Evaporated Fat Free Milk
1 cup fat free whipped topping
12 small gingersnap cookies, broken into 1/4-inch pieces

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350 F. Place baking cups on baking sheet with sides. Spray each cup with cooking spray.

COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Spoon 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mixture into each prepared cup.

BAKE for 25 to 28 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each with whipped topping and gingersnap crumbs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin Pie Tarts

o

This looks good and is in my to-try binder

Citrus Grilled Chicken Breasts (Recipe.com, The Food Channel)
This recipe needs to marinate

6 skinless chicken breasts
4 lemons, halved
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed

For Balsamic Dressing:

Salt and pepper to taste
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
1/2 cup+ 1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup+ 2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup+ 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1. Place the chicken breasts in a large shallow pan. Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into a separate bowl, then whisk in the oil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.

2. Pour this marinade over the chicken. Place the lemon halves in between the chicken breasts, cover the pan tightly. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.

3. Grill the chicken, occasionally turning and brushing with any remaining marinade, until the juice runs clear or the inner temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and place on a plate of greens and garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of oregano.

4. For the Balsamic Dressing: whisk ingredients together in small bowl and drizzle over the greens and chicken. Serve immediately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here