6 oz fresh spinach
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 tsp cornstarch
2 cup 1% milk
1/2 cup (1 oz) Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
10 oz whole wheat fettuccine or linguine

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

In a shallow pie plate or similar dish, combine the flour, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture until both sides are well coated.

In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat until the oil is hot and shimmering. Carefully place the chicken breasts in the pan, cooking them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden and browned but not cooked all the way through.

Remove the chicken to a foil-lined, lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and tent with foil until ready to use.

While the chicken is cooking, heat a large pot of water to a boil and add the noodles, cooking until al dente. Also, wipe out the skillet with a couple paper towels and return it to medium heat, adding the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and bell pepper, sauteing for 2-3 minutes.

Stir in one tablespoon flour and stir constantly while cooking for another minute. Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring the mixture to a low simmer, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. In a small liquid measure, whisk together the cornstarch and cream. Add the spinach, milk and cream mixture to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened, about 2-4 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasonings- season to taste with salt and pepper.

When the pasta has finished cooking, drain and return it to the pot. Toss the pasta with half of the cheese sauce. Place some of the coated pasta on each plate. Top with a breaded chicken breast and spoon some of the sauce over the top of the chicken and pasta. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings (~ 1 cup pasta with one chicken breast and 1/2 cup cream/spinach sauce).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, September 6, 201

OMG, that sounds simply delicious ..think I will try it for the weekend

o

Olive Garden's Mostaccioli Quatro Formaggio
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients:
4 cups cooked mostaccioli
2 teaspoons salad oil
2 cups heavy cream
Fresh parsley sprigs -- for garnish
Grated Parmesan cheese -- for garnish
2 cups Quatro Formaggio Mix -- (see below)
=== QUATRO FORMAGGIO MIX ===
8 ounces Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
4 ounces Provolone cheese -- shredded
4 ounces Parmesan cheese -- grated
4 ounces Romano cheese -- grated
Cooking Directions:
For Quatro Formaggio Mix; blend the 4 cheeses thoroughly and place in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Preheat a non-stick or heavy pan on medium heat. Add the cream and cheese mixture; mix and heat, stirring until cheese is completely melted and sauce is hot. Add the pasta, turn off the heat and blend the pasta into the sauce. Remove the sauced pasta to serving plates and garnish each plate with a parsley bouquet. Pass the Parmesan.
This recipe yields 4 servings.

o

Tried and true recipe that my gs loves!

Creamed spinach
2 packages frozen spinach, (10 oz each)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened ^^I use fat free
1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Dash of nutmeg: optional
PREPARATION:
Thaw spinach and press or squeeze to remove excess water. Grease a casserole dish and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of melted butter and nutmeg.
Spoon into casserole dish.

Toss remaining butter with breadcrumbs and add to top of casserole
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Serves 4.

o

This is really tasty and easy to make and people will never guess it is made with tofu. It really serves more than four.

Tofu Raspberry Mousse makes 4 servings

1 pkg. raspberry flavored gelatin- sugar free if desired
3/4 cup boiling water
2/3 cup non fat dry milk
6 oz. tofu, sliced, drained well between paper towels
1 tsp honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups ice cubes

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved. Pour into a blender container.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until ice cubes are completely dissolved. Pour mixture into one large bowl or 4 individual serving bowls.
Chill

per serving
89 calories
8 grams protein
2 grams fat
8 grams carbohydrate
126 mg. sodium
2 mg cholesterol

This is really tasty and even the men went back for seconds.
It can also be made with orange Jello with mandarin oranges folded in before chilling.

o

This is really tasty and easy to make and people will never guess it is made with tofu. It really serves more than four.

Tofu Raspberry Mousse makes 4 servings

1 pkg. raspberry flavored gelatin- sugar free if desired
3/4 cup boiling water
2/3 cup non fat dry milk
6 oz. tofu, sliced, drained well between paper towels
1 tsp honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups ice cubes

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved. Pour into a blender container.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until ice cubes are completely dissolved. Pour mixture into one large bowl or 4 individual serving bowls.
Chill

per serving
89 calories
8 grams protein
2 grams fat
8 grams carbohydrate
126 mg. sodium
2 mg cholesterol

This is really tasty and even the men went back for seconds.
It can also be made with orange Jello with mandarin oranges folded in before chilling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here