Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Voice - my friend is a contestant

Posted by amyfiddler (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 0:08

Austin Jenckes will be a contestant on The Voice which starts in a couple of weeks - I don't know if he makes it past the first round but seriously, he's wonderfully talented and one of the nicest musicians and certainly THE nicest lead singer I've ever worked with. Everyone who knows him, loves him. This is a video of his "Goodbye friends and family i'm headed to live in Nashville" show - That's me loving life there on the left of Austin. I hope he does well! For anyone interested, here's the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SG07ijA5M

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Voice - my friend is a contestant

Amy, you had me at your first note. And he's excellent, too--I hope he does well. The Voice is the only show I know I want to watch this season. Last year was my first time watching, and I loved it. Please give us a reminder when it starts!

You look gorgeous, and I can see why you were loving life. Making music with others--being totally in synch and feeling it--is one of the truly great highs.

o

great voice!! and Susan is right on...you have a wonderful voice as well!! I hope he does well on the voice!

o

Wow, wow, wow.
I would pay to see this!

Truly good music and lots of talent by all!

I hope he does well...Amy be prepared. Austin will blow up youtube, hold on for the ride...FUN!

o

Here you go!

Here is a link that might be useful: the voice

o

Hey Amy,
We'll be rooting for Austin for sure!!! You look and sound fantastic too!!!!!!!!!

o

Very cool Amy! Looking forward to the new season.

A friend of mine made it to the auditions last year..she was over the moon just to be given a chance!

o

Thank you Glenda for the link, I didn't know how and am too lazy to figure it out LOL -

I really hope he does well. I've worked with some real pieces of work, arrogant short sighted and selfish artists. Austin is just good people. Lights up a room when he walks in with his quiet gentle but cool personality -

I've got some fun stories of being on tour with Austin but I guess if he's going to be famous I'd better keep my mouth shut. ;)

o

The Voice is one of my favorites and I'll certainly look forward to seeing Austin perform! I enjoyed seeing you perform, also, Amy! Great stuff!!

o

How freakin' cool is that!! Love it!

o

I'll be watching and rooting.

o

I'm a big fan of the Voice, good luck to him: seems like Blake would want him for sure on his team.

o

I have a friend also suppose to be on the V. Bode Barker https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQtwIwAA&url=http%3A//vimeo.com/27181438&ei=_N8vUsSYIsaA2QWQ64DwCg&usg=AFQjCNEpLvf7q-t2pmmtIG1n7GoTBTdLaQ&sig2=_ISyk83wE6g_DmFCWF4GAg&bvm=bv.51773540,d.b2I

o

I agree, I think Blake will turn his chair for him.

o

Whoa! I am impressed.

Austin is terrific but your accompaniment makes all the difference. Your voice amazing and you are gorgeous.

My friend's cousin was in The Voice last season and came in second. Her name is Michelle.

o

Amy, I'm so glad he made it! Great audition, and Blake seems like a perfect fit. Hope the next round goes well for him too. It starts next week, yes? I'll be watching.

Dedtired.....Michelle Chamuel? Loved her! I was hoping she'd win.

o

dedtired, we are big fans of Michelle Chamuel, I still have certain songs she did on the Voice on my IPod.

o

is this recent? He WAS chosen if it is! WAY cool!

Here is a link that might be useful: the voice

o

We love The Voice, and Blake is our favorite coach. So I am glad that Austin was chosen and that he picked Blake to coach him. I hope he does well.

Amy, you are beautiful and have a great voice. And you are a great fiddler--I love fiddle playing...to me, that's the best instrument in a band.

o

So cool! I don't watch the show, but I'll wish him good luck anyway!

o

Yes that's my guy! Well my guy as far as I've played and toured with him... we are friends. It is such a thrill to see him participate on the show. My hope for him is that when all is said and done that he gets new doors opened for himm and that he can be proud of who he was on the show. Go Austin!

o

He was great on the auditions got a lot of fans that are already looking him up on youtube.
This year they really have some amazing talent on the show.
I am glad they are now all filled up and will start the real competition.
There are too many good ones for me to even think about picking my faves yet but I have to say Austin is up there. I really like the guy from Lafayette Louisiana too, my sister had told me about him and how good he is she was right.

At least on the voice we don't have to go through the crazy people and the ones that can not sing a note, we just see the real deal talent.

o

I will risk being an obnoxious name dropper sand say it's fun to see Blake's personality on this show....I met him once and he and his crew were nauseatingly arrogant and rude....and I was not impressed. He sure knows how to turn it on for this show.

o

H ah about Blake. You sure never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Yes, my friend's cousin is Michelle Chamuel. I've never met her, but I liked her singing.

o

Thanks for the link jeaninwa. I don't watch The Voice usually so it was fun to watch. How exciting, Amy. Sure hopes this opens lots of doors for your friend. He seems like a real nice down-to-earth guy. I wish him well.

o

Amy, on the one hand I'm profoundly disappointed to hear that Blake is really like that. On the other hand, I feel a lot better now about the fact that he and I aren't dating. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here