Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who has used e-cigs to quit smoking?

Posted by drewsmaga (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 23:37

There are so many products out there. Has anyone successfully quit and can share information about what brand, etc. you used? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who has used e-cigs to quit smoking?

My DIL & Neighbor did. What do you need to know, I have all the info. You can eamil me and I will send you everything I have & know. I can tell you where to buy and what at the best prices & e-liquid.
ktflgal@aol.com
Here is one below to start you off

Here is a link that might be useful: e-cig products

o

Me!
I've ordered from the ecigxpress link above many times. Great service!

Esmokeronline.com is where I ordered my starter kit. Joye510 is what I got. The batteries started not lasting as long when I quit real cigarettes completely.They still work fine, just needed recharging more often, So I then ordered a couple of the Joye510 Mega ecigs. They work with the charger I had from the regular Joye 510. Last longer between charges. If you read the facts and myths or actually the articles on the left side at the bottom, titled Information that helps a lot! I started with the nicotine products, after a couple weeks went to zero nicotine. I'm still using the ecigs and zero nic now. Had my last real smoke April 30. My sister and I quit together. She did it cold turkey, fell off the wagon and bought a few packs of cigarettes, ordered the ecig and hasn't smoked anymore.
Both of these companies has fast shipping, I've always had my orders in 3 days. However the ecigxpress was moving to a new building and their actual store will be up for regular business sometime this month. Online orders may be delayed a few days was the last email I got from them. They may already have done it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Esmokeronline.com

o

Me!
I've ordered from the ecigxpress link above many times. Great service!

Esmokeronline.com is where I ordered my starter kit. Joye510 is what I got. The batteries started not lasting as long when I quit real cigarettes completely.They still work fine, just needed recharging more often, So I then ordered a couple of the Joye510 Mega ecigs. They work with the charger I had from the regular Joye 510. Last longer between charges. If you read the facts and myths or actually the articles on the left side at the bottom, titled Information that helps a lot! I started with the nicotine products, after a couple weeks went to zero nicotine. I'm still using the ecigs and zero nic now. Had my last real smoke April 30. My sister and I quit together. She did it cold turkey, fell off the wagon and bought a few packs of cigarettes, ordered the ecig and hasn't smoked anymore.
Both of these companies has fast shipping, I've always had my orders in 3 days. However the ecigxpress was moving to a new building and their actual store will be up for regular business sometime this month. Online orders may be delayed a few days was the last email I got from them. They may already have done it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Esmokeronline.com

o

**sigh** don't ask me how that happened. I only clicked submit once and had no problems when I did it. Sorry!

o

I quit cold turkey. The key to quitting - no matter which "method" you use is: You have to want to QUIT more than you want to smoke. Otherwise, nothing will work.

o

I used the patch and haven't had a cigarette since April 16th, haven't had a patch on since April 30th. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. True what Chloecat said, you have to want to quit. I remember the 3rd day without a smoke was really hard and every time I wanted one I would tell myself 'you've made it this far, don't throw it all away for one smoke' LOL that was only the 3rd day, now at 100 plus days, I hardly ever even think about it.
Good Luck to you
My sister quit with the patch also and she also used an online support group. She is smoke free for 48 days now.
We both tried the E-Cig to quit the first time we tried, it didn't work for either one of us.

o

I quit 18 months ago. I was smoking 3 packs/day, opening the 4th! I had a major heart attack 10 months after my daughter was killed. The Dr. told my family 30 minutes more and I would not have survived. They took me to heart cath immediately and put 2 stints in. The day I had my heart attack was the last puff I ever took. And, I am only 51.

o

I used the gum - and became addicted to that, but at least no smoke in my lungs, LOL. I have finally quit the gum also. Nicotine patches and lozenges did nothing for me.

BUT - if I had an E-Cig to smoke, I'm convinced I'd still be "smoking". And I probably would have been back on regular cigarettes pretty quickly.

That hand-to-mouth habit needed to be broken in my case.

You need to decide what rewards smoking gives you, and which part of the ritual is the most compelling. Then you can decide which smoking-cessation aid might help you the most.

o

Thank you all for the feedback!

o

Me!
Initially I bought my e-cig in January but didn't like it much. As my breathing continued to worsen, I gave the e-cig another try and now I have not had a cigarette since Father's Day.

For me, the key to continuing with the e-cig and quitting real cigs is the e-juice and how you like your "smoke". I use an Xtra Menthol and 50/50 PG and VG mix.

Once, I quit cold turkey and didn't smoke for 2 years but it was a constant battle. It finally got the best of me and I started smoking again.

My problem is I don't want to quit smoking. I like to smoke and the e-cig allows me to continue the habit without all the bad stuff that goes with it. ((No, I'm not going to get into the "not regulated, not researched bit))

o

Didn't SamKaren do it too? Has she been posting lately?

o

Yes, she did get herself an e-cig. I don't know if she has been posting because I haven't been here in quite some time.

I think she was looking for it to "smoke" during those times she couldn't have a real cig. I don't believe she wanted to completely quit smoking.

Or, I could be thinking of someone else. :)

o

Sorry, I meant to add that I use the Joye510 along with the Fifty One Trio, which seems to be in many convenience stores. The two are compatible, and you are able to switch between parts. EXCEPT, I attempted to charge my Joye510 with the Fifty One USB charger and it overheated the Joye510 battery and killed it.

At cignot.com the Joye510 starter kit, (2 complete e-cigs) is $35.00.

nodakgal - Can you buy just the mega batteries to work with the regular ole 510?

mary_c - I agree completely with you! Sometimes it is as much the ritual habits as it is the nicotine addiction.

o

Moonie, yes. You need the atomizer for the 510 mega too and cartridges. If you look on the ecigxpress under 510 batteries you will see them.

o

Ladies, don't waste your time or money on the 510! After you use it a while you won't get more then 20 min. out the the battery, you will be charging it 20 times a day!
Get a Riva kit, or Joye Ego. Liberty flights has the best prices! starting with $29.95 for 2 e-cigs and all you need to start. click the 20% off at the top left of the page

Here is a link that might be useful: Liberty Flights

o

I quit before e-cigs were invented. I used the patch for one week, then it made me sick. So I used Nicotrol Inhalers. They are by prescription, were expensive (most was paid by Blue Cross), but they worked for me. Quitting is hard, but possible...if you are ready and want to quit.

o

joann - I have bookmarked Libery Flights for future reference. So far I am happy with the Joye510 and have been using it for 11 weeks, plus the time that I used it in January and February. Actually, I don't know what the life of these batteries are suppose to be but I believe I read somewhere when I ordered mine that it should be about 4 months.

Your DIL and neighbor might want to check out ecblend.com. Their eliquid prices are much cheaper than Liberty flights.

I could not find a price of $29.99 for a starter kit. Could you link that specific page? There's a lot going on on that website! LOL

o

I ordered the shorter 510 in Feb. Still using them. The charge only lasts I don't know, guessing 3-4 hours depending on how often I am using it. I have bought new atomizers and of course cartridges. Now I have to buy the empty ones and zero nic, that is harder to find.
My sister, son and I all use the 510's, sister and I love them. Sister ordered hers about June??
My son loved a free sample of the Fin electronic I ordered for him. No buttons to push, just inhale. Their products contain the nicotine, but through Labor Day the store is 50% off. They have the disposable and refillable. Best prices I've seen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fin

o

I don't smoke and neither do any of my friends. Yesterday I was in a 7-11 and the person ahead of me bought a pack of cigarettes. They cost nearly $6.50! I was stunned. I had no idea they were so expensive. That alone would be incentive to quit if I were a smoker. Talk about your money going up in smoke. Yikes. Good luck to all of you quitters.

o

Can someone break down the total cost, from start to finally getting everything you need to buy this program? My neighbor started it and it cost him about $150 for the first couple of months.

o

I paid around $65-$70 for the start up Joye 510 kit. That was a rechargeable 2 cig set, with the chargers (Wall and USB) and the e-juice with extra cartridges. A large bottle (30ml) of e-juice is $9.99. That lasts me a little over a month.

Disposables are roughly $10 each but supposedly equals 2 pkgs of real cigarettes. I have never used the disposables.
In my case, I'd rather refill then throw. But that is me.

There are SO many ecigs out there. Not all are priced the same. I was in a neighboring town, stopped at a smoke shop to see if they had them, they did, the disposables, they were higher for the start up kits then what I paid. Cig2Go brand I think? With those you get the batteries (cigarettes) and filters (cartridges) then switch out the cartridges to replace as you need them if I understood it right. I would think its all going to depend on how much use they get.

o

Kay & others,
its not all that much when you know where to buy.
If you get a Riva Kit for $29.95 then some e-liquid somewhere else for about $6-$10 you have less then $40 in the whole thing. Depending on how much liquid you buy is how long it will last. I have batterys that last 6 months or more, I just buy clearomizers now which replace the carts & atomizers and I get them for about $5.00 they last several months.
you can get the Riva Kit or Joye eGo at liberty-flights (look above for the link)

I am adding a e-cig page at the KTGP soon. It will be on the "MISC" page under e-cigs. It will take you to my other "hidden" pages

I should have it done in about a week.

o

When I first ordered my $35 Joye510 starter kit (2 complete e-cigs, 5 cartridges and charger), I also ordered a large 50 mL bottle of the eliquid for $15. I still have 3/4 of the bottle. In July I ordered another $15 bottle with extra menthol. It's still almost full.

When I burnt up one of my batteries, I bought the supposedly disposable e-cig, Fifty One Trio. You can easily refill them although they say you can't, wanting you to buy their refill cartridges, very small cartridges by the way. I paid $20 for it. Expensive.

Without buying the extras that I did not have to have, (had I not fried a battery) I would have spent $50 for 4 months. Actually less because I haven't made much of a dent in that big bottle of eliquid.

I was smoking over a pack a day of cigarettes and vape almost the equivalent with the e-cig.

o

I have page 1 & 2 started if you want to see.
I hope it will help someone get started quitting

Here is a link that might be useful: E-cig pages

o
RE: Who has used e-cigs to quit smoking?..

Just a "bump" for the new pages if your interested

o

Hey everyone.
Haven�t been posting because of some issues I have been going through. Yes..I am still using my ecig and I love it! But because of my issues I have smoked regular cigarettes to ease some stress.

SamKaren
Your resident DJ

o
Stress Info...................

That Cigarette You Smoke to Relieve Stress May Be Causing the Stress

Studies Show Tobacco Use Does Not Alleviate Stress But Actually Increases It

Washington - If you smoke to reduce stress, you are only adding to your stress, according to a new review of psychological studies in the October issue of the American Psychological Association's American Psychologist.

The evidence shows that the apparent relaxant effect of smoking only reflects the reversal of the tension and irritability that develop during nicotine depletion. Far from acting as an aid for mood control, nicotine dependency seems to increase stress.

o

I like this post, Joann! I got the Joye ego on Sat. I'm going 9-10 hrs. with it and not smoking cigarettes. When I'm really stressed (as opposed to only stressed) I'm doing cigs because I'm still trying to figure out how to get the same amount of nicotine on the ecig. I'm working on it. But for me, the nicotine relieves.

o

drewsmaga,
You can buy the e-liquid with more Nic. As you get used to it start lowering the nicotine. Most places you buy eliquid has different strengths of Nic. If you smoke Reg strength now go with 18-24 nic. Light is about 6 nic. You can always add a "0 nic" liquid to it to make it less as you are getting down in strength. Remember a high Nic liquid will give you a hard throat hit & cough. So if your getting that an don't like it go down in nic.

Where did you buy the e-liquid & the eGo? Use the places I listed for the best values.
I added more to the e-cig pages last night.

o

go to:
cignot.com

SamKaren
your resident DJ

o

JoAnn, I bought it from the store that esmokeronline.com has near us. It was worth it for me to maybe pay more to have the sales guy show me how to assemble (the directions that come with it are ridiculous -- especially how small the assembly pic is) and throw in some "freebies" and help me choose the juice (24 mg.) I will be referencing your links for juice and atomizers (one failed in the first day and they cost about $5 each!)
THANK YOU for all your info!

o

drewsmaga, that was a good idea! Buy at a store close by so they can teach and tell you how to use it. It is worth that extra to keep the store open. Joye eGo is a great choice. Now....get one of those stardust or vision 3 clearomizers and you will be happy. Are you using a cartridge now? Those things are terrible! You lose all the taste in your cotton then they will get a burnt taste. Ask at the store about clearomizers. Here is the one I am referring to:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have the vision 3, the c4 doesn't seem as good, plus you can buy the insert replacement for the vision 3. I got it at altsmoke

o

My Joye eGO kit came with 2 clearomizers.

o

How are you liking it so far? Have you dropped the real cigs yet?

o

Ok I'm liking what I hear about the Joye eGo and clearomizers. Looking at the starter kits on ecigxpress. But a little confused,they also have a Sept special with clearomizers.
Will these work on any of the Joye eGO? I am thinking I would love to fill the atomizer and be good for the whole day. So is this what I want?

o

The joye eGo is just that, you add a clearomizer to it. They don't have a atomizer like the 510's The clearomizer is the atomizer & where you put the e-liquid.
let me find a pic for you. BRB

o

a vision 3 clearomize taken apart, you can buy the new replacement inserts for about $1.79 when they stop working.

Here is the joye eGo with a clearomizer attached to it.

o

Hi joann. What kind of liquid do you use? I was looking at the clearomizers and it says not to use with 100% VG. They recommend a 70/30VG. I am using a 50/50.

Also, are the black clearomizers dark enough that you can't see the liquid through it? I don't like being able to see the liquid. :)

How often do you have to replace the inserts?

o

Joann, do you have the 650 mah or 900?

o

Joann, after seeing your pics, I found out I don't have clearomizers, just clear tanks and atomizers. I'm still learning. Thank you SO much for the info (and pics) you've posted. In the week I've been on ecigs I've cut my cigarettes 50-75%! Yaay!

o

Clearomizer come in many types. I am liking the vison 3 the best right now. Or the clear straight ones.
I use a (pg)60/40 (vg) or 70/30 blend liquid. You would never want to use all VG, its way too thick.

Moonie, Why not see your e-liquid?? I want to know how much I have. I don't have a real dark one yet so I don't know if you can see the liquid. I do have some of the black cartomizers but I'm not thrilled with them. I hate the kind you have to use a needle with. I will stick myself! What are you calling "inserts" the replacement part? I haven't used one yet, I just started using the vision 3's

nodakgal, I started with the 600 mAh battery which I like and they are smaller but they don't last as long. I have 2 of the 900 mAh's, they last longer but I prefer the smaller 600's.

drewsmaga, I don't know if you have a tank or the clearmoizer, a tank has the tip you fill, and I find that they tend to leak.
here is a pic of the tank

o

Take a look at the slide show on the site, I added more pics of different items you can see. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: e-cigs

o

Joann, I am on the Liberty Flights site now looking at the Riva's instead.
The 900mah's. Will I be able to use the Vision 3 Clearomizer with any of the Riva's? This one specifically:
Riva 510-T - 900mAh Bundle

o

OK Skip that question! LOL I don't want to use a needle to refill.
Back to looking over the eGo's! Can't they make it simple? LOL What is there 3 or 4 starter kits for them? Urgh. I agonize over things like this. Want to make the right choice here and now sister wants whatever I get. I dont want to waste my money, let alone her's too!

o

drewsmaga - you are doing great! Ecigs should be touted as a smoking cessation device if you ask me! It still amazes me that I was able to give up cigarettes. Especially considering I didn't want to. :)

joann - you were referring to the vision 3 clearomizers so I was wondering how often you have to replace them... you can buy the new replacement inserts for about $1.79 when they stop working.

I can't tell you why I don't like to see the liquid, I just don't! LOL

So could you tell me what is the difference in the tank that comes with the eGo and the clearomizer? With the tank do you have to use a needle to fill it? I would not like that either.

o

No needle with the tank. But they do leak after they get a little old, its either the mouth piece or the tiny cap that has to be replaced. They don't hold much either.

When looking at my version 3 (vision version 3) you really can't see the liquid, just the inside guts. So get the Smoke color for best hidden. I have not bought a replacement insert yet, mine are only a few weeks old so I'm good for now. I just like the see through clearomizer to know where my liquid is and if I need to add more. When your liquid gets low it will taste burnt!

I never use needles, when buying anything see if they say easy fill. Cartomizers are a drop in fill, thats the permanent filler inside. They are good, I just prefer the ones with no filler. It's all in your preference. I have just about all the different types since I started.
I ran into a friend today and he still hasn't decided on which to buy since there are so many choice. So............ I made another page tonight of "My recommendation" that will be page 3.
I hope its easy to understand, if not just ask me what you need to know.

These claramoziers (below) give you a very good vape (lots of smoke) but You will get a sucking sound, so you have to blow them out often. You can see through them also.

o

Thanks joann. I just ordered the Rivo 510 carto deluxe kit for $37.38 after the discount code. forgot the clearomizers though.

o

Good luck with it. Carto's are nice too. Get your clearomizers from liberty flights, ecigexpress or altsmoke. Who ever has the best price or discount is the way to go.

o

Got Super Joye eGo in my cart. Along with clearomizer and VG juice. I know I saw flat tips, which I like better then round, so looking for them now. Ordering from ecigxpress.

o

You will not be happy with the e-liquid/juice from Liberty. It doesn't have a good taste. Unless you happen to be allergic...........I would never buy just VG. I would get at least a 50/50 blend or more pg then vg.
Most clearomizers have the flat tips, but you will get used to anything after while. ;^D
JMO

o

Ooops should have said I have 2 bottles of PG juice to use up. So ordered the VG to mix it with. I emailed ecigxpress, I am unsure of whether I need the LR or standard clearomizer. I am ordering the Elegance eGO Clearomizer

o

My friend told me the LR (low resistiance) doesn't last as long but you get a better vape. I would just get the standard myself.
ecigexpress has great prices on pg & vg. They have big bottles but I can never find where they put them when I go to order. They aslo have bulk (very large)

o
New site

one last bump!

I didn't want the e-cigs to be part of the KTGP so I made a new site for just it.
It looks a little different, check it out. questions and comments are appreciated.

I will still leave those first pages in "Misc"

Here is a link that might be useful: new e-cig pages

o

TERRIFIC website, joann! Thank you for all the time, effort and info you put into it.

o

Just to report back got my Elegance clearomizers today. Love them and the Super Ego! I ordered one each of the LR and SR to see exactly what I thought of them myself. I am going to try the vision version 3 very soon also.
Thanks Joanne and everyone for the input here.

o

My vision clearomizers arrived yesterday and I've been using one of them with the Fifty One. Works great. I like the Fifty One batteries but not the atties.

Just checked the status of my Riva kit and it will be here tomorrow.

Does anyone else that vapes have a problem with it causing bad breath and dry mouth?

o

what's a Fifty One? That's a new one on me.

I get a bad taste in my mouth from certain liquids, that may happen. Try Bioteen for dry mouth, that's what my Dentist recommends anyway.

nodakgal, let me know the difference in the LR & SR I just thought the LR burns out quicker for what I've heard.

Once you have the Riva kit, or any other, you can add just about anything to it. You will be replacing batteries as you go anyway plus the clearomizers or whatever you using.

Your welcome drewsmaga & others, I enjoy doing the website and love providing information. It's there for me to use also. It's like a spare brain. Everything in one place.

o

I'm back with another question Joann! LOL
Do you clean the clearomizers? I have the Vision ce4's.
I found a video how to do it, but not sure how often to do it?

The guys at ecigexpress say LR is more vapor, you will go through more liquid and it might wear the battery down more often. I tried the LR one, my sister tried the SR. We couldn't tell any difference in the vapor amount, mine did use more liquid though. I got almost 2 days use from the battery so that was great! I just ordered another battery and SR Vision ce4. Both my sister and I are loving the Super eGO and clearomizers! Fantastic IMO!

Here is a link that might be useful: cleaning the Vision/CE4 clearomizer

o

I haven't cleaned them much so far. I did one with no luck, I think it was burnt out. The other one didn't do much better after. I am beginning not to like the vision CE4's now or the version 3. They just don't give enough vape, they seem wimpy to me. I just bought 2 Vision Clear Giant 3.5ml 510 Clearomizers. They seem to give the best vape, but not without their own problems. (I sometimes get a burnt taste and a bit of leaking) Nothing is perfect.
here is a pic. get them from ecigsupply

That video is a good one, I added it to page 2. If you use the vison often clean it weekly for best results.....I don't do it often enough. I've been looking into the CE 5 & 6's. I haven't bought any yet.

o

Thanks Joann for all your advice!

o

I use the e-cig, JoAnn got me on it I think a couple years ago. I still have real cigs too, just can't kick it...guess it is because I love to smoke. Maybe if DH didn't have the real thing, I wouldn't smoke them. Not sure, but I do know the E-cig is fantastic! It has cut me WAY back!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here