Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big day for me Thursday, my birthday present to ME

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 23:18

Getting new door windows installed, two, with blinds inbetween the glass. AND a picture window for my living room.
It's my pleasure.

Not usually a spluger, but I feel I am worth it and deserve it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big day for me Thursday, my birthday present to ME

Oh, I was SURE it was gonna be that new toilet seat! Enjoy those new windows, Glenda. We are happy we bought new ones.

o

Happy birthday and enjoy your gift, you deserve it.

o

Sounds like a great birthday gift to me.

I would love to have blinds between the glass.

Please update and let us know how you like them. What brand are you getting?

Happy year Glenda!

o

What a wonderful birthday gift, Glenda!! You'll love the blinds inbetween the glass!!!!!!!! At first I thought it was going to be another wonderful cruise. LOL!!! We're leaving on the Freedom on October 6th and just can't wait.
Eileen

o

Good for you, Glenda! You will enjoy them so much!

o

Enjoy your Birthday! You deserve some nice new things!

o

My birthday was the 3rd, I'm just getting them installed today.

Eileen, enjoy your cruise!

T'was fun. We were on Lido deck!

o

I'd just love to have blinds between the panes. Actually, you may be doing yourself a big favor--I don't know how old your condo is, but they've vastly improved window quality so you may see some big savings on your electric bill, along with enjoying them.

Now, if they could just come up with a self-cleaning window....

o

very cool! we need new windows every where! lol Yes,
let us know how those blinds work!

o
RE: Big dbbbbbbbbbbbbbbay for me Thursday, my birthday present to

Double darn!

Huge storm just passed and no installations today! NEXT WEEK :O(

o

We just had our entire house done with new windows, French and sliding doors. The old windows and doors were 30 years old. With the double pane, the house is now like an oven all the time. We have to leave nearly every window and door open just to cool off. But they sure look nice. :-)

Jodi-

o

Darn...I was looking forward to some pictures of the new windows and I'm sure you were looking forward to taking them!
As for the Freedom, if you can believe this...it's a FREE cruise. My husband doesn't agree (LOL) because he earned it for being numero uno salesperson at work. We were able to book a wrap around balcony on deck 7. Don't know the name of the deck. I've always wanted to try a wrap around and I'm so excited about it! It's an 8 day cruise so I'll be able to spend lots of time on that balcony and trust me...I will!
Still can't wait to see pics of your new windows. I'm sure they will be so awesome, Glenda!
Eileen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here