Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Shower

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 22:00

The countdown to the wedding officially starts this weekend. My sister, SIL and I are heading off to the Los Angeles bridal shower tomorrow for my future DIL. My sister and I coordinated to buy four place settings of their dishes so that they could have company for dinner right away. I also bought her a cute lime green apron with red cherries and red trim, and some French cast iron skillets that people love on the Cooking site which they found at Tuesday Morning. The apron and skillets and a manicure set will be packaged in a black tote with silver sequins spelling out BRIDE on both sides. She and my son love to cook.

The bride says many invitees are on vacation, our daughter included. August seems to be the big vacation month around here and none of us were given fair warning to change plans in time. We will meet the bride's sister and new niece for the first time too. The friend who introduced them, who is a professional chef, is preparing the brunch. It will be a two hour drive, so we hope we don't have any traffic problems. One month to go for the wedding and counting....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Shower

Enjoy this special time!

Be thinking about you!

o

Have a great time - and nice choice of gifts!

o

Your gift sounds perfect Sheila Joyce. Although this is prime vacation time, I hope there is a good turnout. How fun to meet the new family members. Have a wonderful time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here