Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a blue moon tonight?

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 21:46

Not sure if it's the cloud cover or the moon itself, but I'd say that's a blue moon out there - when it peeks out from behind the clouds that is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a blue moon tonight?

We too have clouds but will check later

o

It is still daylight here....hopefully the marine layer will not be too thick.

o

Yes, its quite clear here for me. Don't forget to give Neil Armstrong a wink if you see it!

o

here's mine!

o

I can see it.....and it makes me smile.
We call it seeing the man in the moon and the people in Japan call it seeing the rabbit in the moon.
I have almost forgotten how to "see" the man in the moon but have no difficulty seeing the rabbit.

o

I see the moon and it is so bright it's hard to look at. It looks to be a little distorted around the edges, not perfectly round like it usually is.

o

News said we have one, but it so hot and HUMID outside I ventured out and came right back in.

o

It didn't look blue here, but maybe they don't mean that literally.

o

I think a blue moon means the second of two full moons in one month (there's usually only one per month).

It's very bright here in SoCal tonight.

o

We still have so much smoke from the wilfires, we can't even see the mountains most of the time. I don't expect to see anything.

o

Yikes, I was gonna say! A blue moon doesn't have anything to do with color....but that it's the second full moon this month. That happens everyone once in a blue moon (hardly ever). So, we are ALL having a blue moon, each and every one of us.

o

I winked at the Blue Moon tonight and remembered Neil Armstrong's small step.

o

Thank you for explaining that.

o

Like Petaloid said, it is bright and clear here in So Calif. This is my capture of the blue moon.

Jodi-

o

Too much cloud cover from Isaac, here. Darn! Nice shot, Jodi!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here