Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DEA scam is back

Posted by sudiepav (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 21:27

I got a call yesterday from "special agent" Thomas Hunt who said there is a warrant out for my arrest, a search warrant executed for my home, and other myriad dire consequences from my buying illegal drugs online....not true. I got this call a couple of years ago, and it's really threatening and scary,but it's a scam. They hope to intimidate people into paying a "fine" to an account overseas to call off the bloodhounds. Anyway, look up DEA scams should this happen to you. I reported this to the DEA before I called Mr. Hunt back. I told him what a scumbag he was trying to extort money from people and asked if his mother knew he
was doing this. All this only gave me great personal satisfaction, but if someone calls with a similar scam, DON'T FALL for it,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DEA scam is back

Hmmm...makes me wonder how many people would fall for this because they know there are grounds for the accusations.

o

Thank you for notifying us for these scams. Even though we might be aware of different ones it is always good to refresh our memory.

o

We received one last week but I cut him off as soon as he said enough (few words) to make me realize who he was. I also said I was so sorry he had to take such a despicable job 'cause it made me feel good. :) I would imagine these sorry souls do have trouble sleeping at night, though probably not their bosses.

o

Being 77, I guess I'm elderly but still would know the difference between a legit call or a scam....Often wonder, who in their right mind would fall for something like this.....

But, I guess if you are someone that buys that stuff, you might just start shaking in your shoes, lol.....

o

I also understand there are similar scams targeting people falsely accused of defaulting on a loan, being behind with rent or a mortgage payment. They are very threatening. I knew I was in the clear because the only drugs I've ever bought online were medication for my dog, and I had prescriptions from my vet for those.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here