SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_in_iowa

Returned from my Costa Rica mission trip

linda_in_iowa
9 years ago

I got back very late Sunday night from spending 8 days in Costa Rica. There were 30 of us from my Methodist church and it was an intergenerational group. The youngest was 14 and I was the oldest at 72. On the flight from Dallas to San Jose, Costa Rica, there was another Methodist group from San Angelo, TX.
The day after we arrived we got to tour a volcano.
The next day we started work at 3 different locations, all within walking distance of the mission where we stayed. I was in the group that went to a Methodist church to work on a parsonage for the pastor. Another group went to a soccer field where they helped build a retaining wall and the third group went to a Pentecostal church to do some construction.
The following day, I got to go to with a group to a feeding center in a church in a very poor area of San Jose. After we fed the kids, we played basketball and other activities with them
At the end of the week we took a 5 hour bus ride to a beach on the Carribean coast where we stayed 2 nights. We swam in the ocean and I got to go zip lining. Others chose to go to a Sloth Sanctuary.
We had a very long trip home and had to spend 8 hours at the Dallas Airport because our flight to Omaha was cancelled due to mechanical problems with the plane. I am still tired but managed to go water walking this morning. It was a great trip and I am glad I went but this is the end of my mission trips.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm