o
Where are you Moni?

Posted by cheryl_ok (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 20:49

Are you and Bongo on a bike ride?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where are you Moni?

Oh, for heavens sake NO! It is way to HOT. Around here, Oklahoma is on fire. Really bad, the amount of houses that have burned in the Luther area, as well as down near Noble. There are also fires near Drumwright, and near Geary.

It is just awful. I found myself glued to the TV, but finally had to turn it off.

Moni

o

After 8pm and it's 102.

200 firefighters are working in this. God bless them and all the people that lost their home.

o

Kim, I am not aware of where you live. I am hoping, you are out of the line of fire.

Moni

o

I told you to come to Florida and cool off. We are getting rain everyday now.

o

Special thoughts for all of you in harms way!

o

Oh man I remember the days of watching for fires and having the hoses ready to wet down the house.
Any in Norman?
I need to call some of my friends to make sure they are ok.
Mother in law is closer to Ardmore but they have had their history with fire too.
I have y'all in my prayers.
Bless those poor firefighters.
Stay safe!

o

They are way south and way north from me, I'm around 23rd & Portland area.

It's so scary how quickly it happens and it's out of control.

Most of those people were at work and couldn't get home. They did try to save as many pets as they could find. That's my biggest fear, my dogs.

Stay safe and aware.

o

My daughter and I plan to go to the red cross shelter in the morning, and see, if there is anyone that needs a place to stay for a while. Both her, and I can take a couple.

I am near Villa and 16th.

Moni

o
RE: Whccere are you Moni?

You are so special, Moni!

o

Raven, at least 36 homes burned in Cleveland county.

o

Oh no how terrible. My house was over by Lake Thunderbird, I read some near there were involved.
What a terrifying thing. I read they are over flowing with rescued animals. I would be devastated not knowing what happened to my animals.

o

Ditto what Ms. Glenda said Moni.... you are special. My prayers going out to those firefighters and the families for all they are going through.

June

o

I heard and my friend in OKLA (not near the fire) a man was spotted throwing rolled up newspapers - lit- out a car window and police were looking for him

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here