Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers LIVE TONIGHT Thurs
LIVE
CC
7:00 - 10:00 PM ESPN (Central Time

A Woman official tonight

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: footll on tonight right now

Don't have ESPN, otherwise I'd be watching. A woman, huh? interesting. GO PACK GO!

o

The Packers were just practicing last night! :)

I didnt watch, but had no clue there was going to be a woman official. Is she for the whole season, or just the preseason??

o

I don't know about whole season or not. We watched just a little bit, and there were some comments made about how the NFL needs 'experienced officials' and that these 'young officials' are fine but do not belong at the NFL games and how they hoped the 'problem' would be solved soon. I have no idea what that was all about and don't know whether the woman official was one of the 'young officials'. I didn't see her and didn't hear anyone mention her.

o
RE: footll on toni ght right now

I should have checked Google first.

Here's a quote from the link below:

"The NFL used replacement officials to take the field due to the referee lockout caused by a dispute over a new collective bargaining agreement. However this game will be in sports history books because of Shannon Eastin, the first woman NFL official. A line judge, she'll have millions of eyes on her, as well as on the other replacement officials."

Here is a link that might be useful: Female official news article

o

Here in Steeler Country, we also had football but sadly, we lost to our cross state rivals, the Eagles....I'm still upset about Vick playing and was hoping our Black and Gold would win....Oh well, we'll get em next time......

o

I had the game on in the background. I was glad they were showing it. I got tired of the announcers so much analyzing. I didn't hear much about the female official at the begining of the game she was quoted as saying that the less she was mentioned the better which would show she was doing her job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here