Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh my gosh... it is raining at my house!!!

Posted by OklaMoni (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 19:25

I was out working in the yard. It was cloudy. It cooled off. It got windy. There was thunder, and then rain. I didn't come in till I was all wet.

Will post pictures later.

Moni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh my gosh... it is raining at my house!!!

yipppeee!

o

Hooray for the rain, Moni!!! I hope you get a good ground soaking rain.

Shirley

o

I just talked to my mother in law in Oklahoma and she said they got a little shower too and it dropped the temps a little.
I hope y'all get more.

o

yea!

o

Well, it wasn't much.. not even 1/10th of an inch... but it was wet, and wonderful. Smells nice out. Temp dropped from before I went out @103, to after I got in @86.

My daughter is jealous... she only got a few sprinkles.

Photobucket

Moni

If it works, the link below is of a short rain video.

Here is a link that might be useful: rain video

o

Lucky you. It rained twice here today. The thunder woke me up from my nap. We didn't get much at all from either rain.

o

Snd it over our way. I felt a few sprinkles this morning but no rain. These lower temps have been nice.

o

Hot and humid here!

Moni, hope you get more rain!

o

Moni, I'm jealous!!! It went around and around us here, got up to 107 today on my porch (eleventh straight day of over 100 degrees) and right now it's 89 in the dark. The pool water is like bath water and that's after the sun starts setting. :(

I hope it rains soon, the fire ants are coming to the top trying to get away from hades lol.

o

It's amazing how the little things in life can bring such joy. Of course, if you've gone so long without rain, it's no little thing. LOL You obviously enjoyed. I enjoyed the video.

o

Cute video...and nice to hear your voice. We often see pics of people but haven't a clue as to what they sound like. You are only the second one who's voice I've heard, Marilyn c with PiggySue was the first. Thanks for posting.

o

I love rain. Last year we had a lot, this year not so much. I never complained last year when everyone else was. It smells so good and everything looks so much fresher. Glad you finally got a little.

o

Amarillo had some heavy rain for about 15 minutes yesterday afternoon...wonderful!!! Glad you got some showers, too.

o

Woke up to 62 degrees and rain this morning. It feels great, and the grass looks greener already.

o

Wow Moni, congratulations!!! It's been raining everyday here and will continue all week. Maybe you got some of ours. enjoy your cool spell.

o

That video was too cute! lol You sound JUST like I thought you would! lol
Sorry you didn't get more.

All my windows and back door is open... it's about 66 degrees.
of course they were all open all night, it was about 58 degrees this morning at 515
I hope you get more rain! And wishing cooler temperatures to everyone!

o

That was one cool video girl, love it!

o

Granlan - Out here between Amarillo and Canyon we received between 2/10 and 3/10 inch of rain yesterday evening. Oh, everything smelled so good and I actually watched rain run off the roof of the shop! Our pastures are dry as a bone and I welcome any and all rain we get. Oh yes, we had a new Beefalo heifer yesterday morning. She's a cutie.

Here's prayers for more rain in Oklahoma and Texas! We all need it..........

o

Hoping for more rain and cooler temps for all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here