Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about posting

Posted by aunt_audrey (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 19:15

How many of you post via your mobile phone? And do you have problems with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about posting

Test. Trying again!

o

I am this very moment, I do all the time, and my tablets. No problem. What are you having a problem with?

o

Angela, explain what's going on.

o

I use Firefox on my phone. For some reason, I can't post on the boards. No problems on Facebook. Sometimes it will let me get a few words in, like my test last night. I tried to reply to another thread, got about 20 or 25 characters typed and all of a sudden it just quit ...I thought maybe I can only type so many characters (say, limit of 120 letters/spaces?), but I don't think that is the case. Once in a while, I can get a post typed out, but it won't go through when I hit "submit". Very frustrating, that's pretty much the reason I upgraded my phone.

o

no phone for me, its too small for typing & reading to me.

o

Have you had the same problem with the other browsers? What about the stock browser that came with the phone?
I also like dolphin hd browser and opera mini.
Let me know what happens when you use another one.
I don't have that problem at all.
What phone?

o

Testing from IE. Samsung Stratosphere 4G!

o
posting

Obviously, I managed to post that one short reply last night. Then, nada. I'm on a Samsung Stratosphere 4G. I got to exactly 58 characters (in Internet Explorer) on my second attempt last night and it just stopped (no further letters would type out ...)

o

Okay you lost me. I find that your phone shows as running android, you said you were using Internet Explorer, but IE is not available for use on android. IE is a windows program.
What browser are you actually using?
Here's the link to dolphin browser at google play store, go there with your phones current browser and select to install dolphin, you don't have to select a default it will give you the option of which browser to use when ever you need one.
Use dolphin see what happens.
Have you used android before?

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolphin

o

Another question are you using the real slide out keyboard or the virtual on screen keyboard? Try swapping and use the one you were not using.

o

Fingers are too big for the virtual screen keyboard. How can I tell what the default browser is? Looks just like the IE icon to me? (World Globe)

o

Default with Android is usually webkit browser, it is just a blue globe but no IE on it, not possible to have IE on Android.
Just try the virtual keyboard to see if you have the same results. That will help narrow down what could be happening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here