Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Proud Mama

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 19:09

My younger son, who lives in New York City, called late one night last week to chat and to ask about his future sister-in-law's bridal shower. I described it and then told him how I had fallen in the hostesses back yard and rolled down a short hill onto the sidewalk face down. So embarrassing. (That was an hour or two since I had enjoyed only one Mimosa!) The chair I had been sitting on was atop a small rise on a gravel surface. I was sitting sideways, facing up hill, and when the chair turned over, I had nothing to grab onto. I told him how his aunt had been so solicitous of me, made sure I was ok, drove me home a little early to her house and then set me up with an ice pack, etc.

Well, today my brother emailed that our son sent his aunt a bouquet of tulips and a note thanking her for taking such good care of his mother.

Isn't that sweet? He does feel left out of things far away on the other coast, but every now and then he does something nice like this from afar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Proud Mama

What a sweet, thoughtful son. You deserve to be proud.

o

oh wow that was a horrible experience for you. Glad there was someone there to help you out. I know I have taken a fall or two and even if no one is around it is embarrassing!
That is a good son to send flowers!

o

You son surely loves you and showed it by sending "thank you for your kindness" flowers.

o

What a wonderful thing to do!!! A very kind and considerate young man!

It's so embarrassing having the chair fall over sideways, and to keep going, I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt.

o

You should be proud, indeed! Sometimes "they" say that we grow up good in spite of our upbringing. In this case, it is definitely a case of BECAUSE of his upbringing!

o

i doubt if either my ds' would be that thoughtful! and they live here!

o

What a truly thoughtful gesture. He obviously learned all the right things growing up.

o

You certainly raised him well. You deserve some credit as well! And I'm sorry about your fall-hope you are feeling much better.

o

What a nice boy you raised. Very thoughtful. Glad nothing but your pride was hurt...lol. It happens to all of us .

o

Wow, I don't blame you for being proud! What a wonderful gesture on his part. I remember the first anniversay of my husbands death my then son in law sent me flowers with a card containing the quote about the longest journey begins with one step. Congrats on raising such a thoughtful son. Satine

o

That is so nice!! I'd be proud too.

o

I'd be proud, too. What a lovely thing to do. They do surprise us don't they!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here