Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coffee Cake

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 18:54

Does anyone have a recipe for coffee cake,using coffee?I have a lot going on in my life right now and I am trying to keep my mind busy on something else. I did look up recipes on the computer but did not see what I was looking for. I always have coffee left over and thought maybe it would make a good coffee cake. I just can't figure out how to do it.It seems like there should be coffee in coffee cake..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coffee Cake

Never actually heard of one...

o

Here's Pioneer Woman's coffee cake with coffee

Here is a link that might be useful: coffee cake with coffee

o

This is Martha Stewart's Aunt Patty's coffee cake

2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions

1.
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.

2.
Step 2
In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, instant coffee, and cocoa.

3.
Step 3
Separately whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add one egg at a time, beating until just combined. Beat in one third of the flour mixture, then half of the sour cream, then another third of the flour mixture. Beat in the remainder of the sour cream and the last third of the flour mixture. (Always start with flour and end with flour.) Add the vanilla and mix for another minute or two, scraping the sides of the bowl well with a spatula.

4.
Step 4
Pour one third of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the filling on top. Pour in another third of the batter and sprinkle the remainder of the filling on top of that. End with the last third of the batter. Run a dinner knife down through the batter and swirl the knife gently to marble the batter in about six places.

5.
Step 5
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a plate or onto foil. The cake can be frozen while still warm.

o

This recipe came in my email today..
I will try it..

Here is a link that might be useful: Mississippi Chocolate & Coffee Cake

o

If you have a Kindle (or the Kindle reading app on any of your devices), you can buy a cookbook named Made With Coffee Recipes. There are "28 deliciously easy cake, muffin, brownie and dessert recipes made with coffee." (to quote the Amazon page)

And it's only $2.99.

And per the Amazon page, these are the recipes:

Coffee & Cream Cake​
Chocolate Coffee Ruin Cake​
Coffee Carrot Cake​
Espresso Brownies​
Mocha Mayonnaise Cake​
Coffee Ginger Muffins​
Walnut Coffee Sandwich​
Espresso Choc Banana Bread​
Coffee Pecan Muffins​
Chocolate Espresso Cake​
Crunchy Coffee Bars​
Moist Coffee Cake​
Coffee Banana Nut Muffins​
Chocolate Espresso Muffins​
Coffee Fruit Cake​
Coffee Madeira Cake​
Coffee Creme Brownies​
Cappuccino Cheesecake
Boozy Espresso Balls​
Coffee Rice Pudding​

Frostings​ --
Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting​
Coffee Buttercream Frosting​
Espresso Buttercream Frosting​
Coffee Fudge Frosting​
Chocolate Fudge Frosting​
Mocha Sour Cream Frosting​
Coffee Glace Icing​
Jane's Espresso Martini

o

I haven't tried this yet. Doesn't use much coffee, though. Sounds sort of like a sour cream coffee cake.

Coffee Coffee Cake

Cake:

1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/2 c. cold coffee
8 oz. plain yogurt
3 eggs

Filling:

1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. chopped dates
2 Tbsp. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter, softened

Heatoven to 350. Grease and flour 10-cup tub or agel food tube pan. Arrange 1/2 c. pecans n the bottom of pan.

In a large bowl, combine reamning cake ingredients and beat at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour half the batter over pecans.

In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients until well mixed. Sprinkle evenly over batter, spreadwith remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Col upright in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. 16 servings.

o

Sandie, if you search "recipes using leftover coffee" , you'll find lots of goodies!

o

Thank you ladies! I will have to try these. My granddaughter is having her wedding shower next week,so I will have to see which one is good enough to take to the shower. Jim will have to be my taste tester. Jim is going through Chemo and the doctor said not to worry about what he eats, but I am trying to get him to eat more fruits and vegetables so just small tastes.Then I will send the rest to my daughter. She likes to take things to work to share with her co-workers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here