Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
georgysmom, the gift caught him by surprise!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 18:24

The golf gps was a tremendous surprise. His secretary had the gift on his desk when he arrived at work.

Haven't talked with him, as we're playing phone tag, but he left a very long message telling me he was absolutely floored with the gift.

He has been wanting one.

Did tell him in an email, that he can upgrade to the U2 or U3 if he wants to.

He well deserved a nice gift as he's been so good to me over all the years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: georgysmom, the gift caught him by surprise!

I've been really good to a number of people over the years but cannot imagine receiving such a generous gift. LOL

I would be floored, too. Personally, I don't think the upgrade is necessary but I do have a friend that has the more expensive one and she loves hers. I bought mine last year...a gift from me to me for my 75th along with a new set of clubs. I had a hard time rationalizing the cost of even the cheaper one when you can get a GPS for half the price, but I'm glad I got this one. I know he'll enjoy it.

o

ok what is a golf gps?? is it for once a month if he's lucky or hard core?? i'm always looking for Christmas things to surprise dh!

o

Here you go susan:
Garmin approach gps golf watch S1

Approach S1 combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a lightweight, flexible sport watch. It is ready to go right out of the box with thousands of preloaded courses covering the U.S. or Canada. You can measure individual shot distances and track how far you walk on the course.

Approach S1 will have you dialed in like a pro by providing yardages to the front, back and middle of the green. The sunlight-viewable screen features large numbering for at-a-glance visibility. S1 also measures precise yardages for shots played from anywhere on the course. And for those who like to walk, there’s the S1 odometer to tell you how far you traveled on the course or off.

I bought this for someone I have been doing business with for almost 30 years. He's done so much, I just wanted to give him something special. And I'm glad I did.

This post was edited by glenda_al on Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 20:09

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here