Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ravencajun, Thankyou!

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 18:10

I've never had to ask you a computer question, but have taken your advice on many computer related topics. You may not realize it, but we all really appreciate your expertise and your generosity.

Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ravencajun, Thankyou!

Amen.

o

I also have benefitted from Raven's wonderful advice many times. Thank you!!

o

Oh goodness you are all very welcome, I am more than happy to help when I can. I have always believed in the pay it forward plan so this is one way that I am sometimes able to do that.
I am sure glad when it works out!

o

Add me to that list of thankful people.

Shirley

o

Yes yes yes Thank you!!!!

o

Thanks from me also. I always read every reply she makes at the help forum and here.

o

I have been helped so many times by ravencajun, and for ages I thought she was a he, being so computer savvy. Now isn't that the most sexist thing you've heard all day??!! I've just been so very grateful for her kind answers so many times.

o

Add me to the list. Thanks raven!

o

I read CompHelp first thing each day when I get on the computer. Helps me to know what to look out for and also I sometimes remember when I have a problem, that it has been discussed there, so I go back to check.

Yes, Raven, double thanks for all your help.

Sue

o

Oh, Raven, everyone is ganging up on you to say how much they appreciate your help. I love the Computer Help forum and like Sue-va look at it first for the same reasons.

Raven I adore you. Not everyone knows how you will hang on till late at night because you know folks like me are hard at work following your instructions. Your patience and love of people shows thru and I know your directions are going to be easy to follow. You have a large following and a good group of people over there. Recently you told someone who was struggling and didn't have a lot of confidence how you decided you were going to get into the IT world. I wish you would tell it again.

I figured you are such a happy person because you are good at this work, you have good friends and most of all "Hubs." Dear Hubs.

Thank you. You are a great selfless role model.

o

Add me to the grateful list. Raven's just all-around nice!

o

Awww Y'all have me all sniffling over here!

I am very used to being called HE lol I get that a lot! Most of the Ravens I know are female but there are a few males, the wrestler Raven is one. For a while there was someone that thought I was a wrestler fan, I had no idea why till I found out about that Raven.

There are a lot of great volunteers on the help forums that give of their time and experience to try to help others that need help. I am very proud to be a member of that community.
Unfortunately some forums and some helpers tend to be less understanding and short with people. That is one thing I find very hard to tolerate and will risk getting raked over the coals to remind them that manners do matter! It takes a lot for some people to just work up the courage to come ask for help, they say they are stupid or ignorant etc, that is not true just because you don't know one particular thing does not mean you are stupid or ignorant! It is all a learning experience and I learn something every day!
When I refer anyone to another forum for help I am extremely selective where I send them and only send them where I know they will be handled with respect and kindness.
I am on a LOT of help forums I have various names on them LOL but believe me they are not all the same.
We have a great group over at Computer Help and as some of you already know over at LzD my other home LOL.
I am more than happy to try to answer any question you throw at me but understand that I sure as heck do not know everything! I will however try to help you find the answer.

Thanks are a wonderful thing to hear and I so appreciate this but you don't have to feel obligated to do this, I know this is done from the heart and I feel it!

So THANK YOU!

o

I'd like to add my sincere thanks to RC, too.

o

I am kneeling down, hands on the ground to you Raven.
I'm also thrilled when you contribute your recipes as well.
It's a real, honest pleasure to "know" you!!!

o

jasdip! get up ! girl you have me laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair! right back at ya!

o

Please add me too, especially help that I received on downloading books to my ipod..........now 1500 plus books later I am an absolute slave to that little device, and get so much enjoyment out of reading again, and it rarely leaves my side. It is so easy to pick up and keep reading after putting it down to do other mundane things like housework. As for my android phone....I hate talking on the phone.....take the phone and toss it, except I need it for downloading books when I am not at home. You are my hero Raven!!!

o

I am thanking you too, Raven. You answered a question/solved a problem for me a long time ago. I ALWAYS read your posts, or when someone has posted to you, because I always learn something. And I always check out your links. Thank you for being so generous in sharing your knowledge.

o

I don't often post, but do check this forum from time to time to see what's going on.
Just have to add my kudos to you, Raven. Your expertise and generous nature
have helped me and, undoubtedly, many, many others. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here