Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 17:25

We had to be at VA this morning so Harry could "donate" blood for his Coumadin testing. By the time we got home it was almost noon. Feels like a wasted day.

Tonight we're having a new dish--coconut curry chicken over rice. We'll have peas and fresh sliced peaches, too. I'm hungry since all I've eaten today was a spoonful of PB.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

Hi Patti,
You have a double-posting going on.

Please let us know how you liked your dinner. Your recipe is one I'd like to try.

We had boiled new potatoes and sausages with onions and cabbage.

o

Paw Paw Patch and it was so full you had difficulty finding a parking place.

Country fried steak, fried green tomatoes, blackeye peas, Mexican cornbread.

Hey, I posted my mother's frozen fruit salad for you.

o

We're having leftover of some sort. Probably the quiche and soup.

o

Jasdip, we had sausage and cabbage, but no potatoes, last week. Quite tasty!

Glenda, thanks for sharing your mother's recipe. They're very similar. Wonder why I don't remember ever having sour cream growing up? What a lunch you had!! It sounds wonderful. BTW, have they installed your new windows yet?

Georgysmom, thanks for posting your chicken Moran recipe on the "I'll share" thread. I will make it for sure. all the recipes today sound really good.

o

I don't have any idea! I have my stove covered up with big pots of boiling peanuts so I could not cook anything right now if I wanted to.
Maybe grilled ham and cheese sandwiches I can do those on the griddler.

One of the big pots boiled over and made a huge mess but since it is a glass top it wasn't too hard to clean it up that is one good thing with the glass tops about the only good thing.

My hubby had some doctor appts today so he came on home early which just threw me totally off my regular schedule.

o

I spent a good portion of my day yesterday making tomato sauce. I started out with my large stockpot and about 10 quarts of tomato pureed with onion, garlic, basil, and a touch of salt and ended up with just a little less that 5 quarts of sauce. This has been a really good year for my vegetable garden.

Anyway, tonight DH is making spaghetti, of course.

And from the looks of it, I will be making more sauce this coming weekend.

o

I had some 15 beans, a potato, and a boiled egg. Good and filling.

My son was coming over to mow after work. Guess what? We weren't expecting any rain, but it came up with a short-lived thunderstorm, giving me just enough rain so he can't mow. Same thing happened last Friday. I'm going to have to freeze what I cooked for him.

Shirley

o

The taco salad I was going to make last night. And yes, I opened the Doritos last night and ate a bunch. Luckily I had bought a bag of generic tortilla chips for the salad because I knew I'd eat the Doritos - just like georgysmom said I would!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here