Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Thursday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 17:19

Omigosh, I just woke up. Laid down at 4 thinking I'd wake up by 4:30. I've been cleaning today and guess it wore me out :0

Tonight we're having ham salad sandwiches, sliced tomatoes and sliced mango. Easy peasy!

What are you having tonight for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Thursday?

I have a pot of ham/potatoes/green beans cooking. Smells so good in here, and I'm hungry. Hurry up!

o

Paw Paw Patch for me. I was hungry!

Chicken fried steak and white gravy
baby green limas
squash casserole
Mexican cornbread

Way too much, couldn't eat it all.

o

Hog Heaven tonight! I had sweet corn, green beans with little potatoes and red and yellow cherry tomatoes and it all came from our garden. Plus cold water from our well to drink, doesn't get much better than that. Well, if you added some home fried chicken it would have been perfect:)

Sue

o

Spaghetti and cottage cheese. Water to drink. Dishes are already done too.

If I get to go to Amish country next week, I'll be having one of those ham salad sandwiches. At one store, they have the ham salad that I like the best. Plus, there's a roadside stand where I should be able to get good tomatoes and other fresh produce.

Shirley

o

DH cooked up some left over shish kabob. I'm having red gazpacho , maybe with some crabmeat on top and some corn on the cob. I might even make me some strawberries Romanoff since I picked up some strawberries after golf today.

o

Boiled small new red and white potatoes, steamed green and yellow (wax) beans, and fried sausage. We like the sausage well-done, so I cut it in half so it gets nice and dark. Ice cream for dessert.

o

I can't think of anything to grill so same old,same old

meat loaf,baked potatoes with a veggie to be determined, I have a can of crescent rolls I guess I can open too.

o

We had pasta with a sauce of fresh vegetables (onions, bell peppers, tomatoes), meatballs (I've got 5 pounds of them in the freezer, leftover from the party we had a week ago), and just a bit of jarred spaghetti sauce to pull everything together. I'd made herbed chiabatta bread from my wild yeast starter today, so we had that on the side with EVOO to dip it in.

o

Broccoli casserole.

o

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and chips

o

I made DH brinner. Hash browns, sausage eggs and toast.

o

I'm having neighbors over for dinner tonight and serving grilled chicken, potato salad, caprese salad, wild rice salad and bread. Dessert will be fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I was able to make most everything except the chicken and the caprese salad yesterday which means I won't be all hot and bothered tonight.

o

I can almost smell your ham/beans/potatoes, Schoolhouse. Enjoy!

Glenda, I'm glad you have your appetite back. You must've been really hungry--you don't usually eat that much.

Sue, I'd be happy, too. Can't beat fresh from the garden. (And the well.)

You're the early bird, Gadgets! We should eat earlier, but got into the habit when we working people.

Yum, Georgysmom! I froze the white gazpacho we had left. Don't know how it'll do, but thought I'd give it a try.

I do the same thing with sausage, Jasdip. I like it semi-burnt.

Nodakgal, before you know it, grilling season will be over. :-( Meatloaf sounds pretty darned good though.

Azzalea, that's a lot of meatballs. Time for another party?? BTW, I posted the recipe for bulgogi marinade on the "I'll share my recipes" post this morning. Don't know if you saw it, but I'm curious how it compares to yours.

Ellendi, do you put rice in your broccoli casserole? I don't think I've ever had it that way, but I just saw a recipe the other day. It sounded pretty good.

Raven, we must be in the same frame of mind ;-)

Fun2BHere, your neighbors may just move in if you feed them that well. I love caprese salad.

o

Bengardening, I don't know about your DH, but it's one of Harry's favorite--especially since he knows there's no way on earth I'm cooking breakfast every morning :-)

o

We were in Tucson today and had lunch at Claim Jumpers. We had Calamari for an appetizer. I had clam chowder and a spinach salad with blackened chicken on top. Was really good!! Shannon had a Cobb salad, Mike had clam chowder and a citrus salad with chicken on it. Everything was so good.

If anyone is hungry there are leftovers from the past two nights in the fridge.

o

We were in Tucson today and had lunch at Claim Jumpers. We had Calamari for an appetizer. I had clam chowder and a spinach salad with blackened chicken on top. Was really good!! Shannon had a Cobb salad, Mike had clam chowder and a citrus salad with chicken on it. Everything was so good.

If anyone is hungry there are leftovers from the past two nights in the fridge.

o

We're having steak with mushroom gravy over rice, home made rye bread and strawberry ice cream for dessert.

o

Patti, posted 'my' recipe on the other thread. The 'unhealthy' ingredient in your recipe is replaced by one just as 'bad' in mine--LOL!--otherwise, they're pretty much similar.

o

Arby's Beef and Cheddar...yummm...and mocha shakes. Had coupons so it was an economical and easy meal. No dishes...yipppeee.

o

It was a what ever you can find to eat kind of night at our house......DH had chicken/pasta soup and I had coconut bonbons from Trader Joe's.

o

We had Tuna Helper tonight and Red velvet cake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here