Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 17:13

I had a head of cabbage I needed to use so I made a cabbage and smoked sausage casserole. Just made a white sauce, added cheese and dumped it all together in a dish. We have carrots left over from last night, too.

Wish I'd made something chocolate :-)

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Cheeseburger and brownies.

o

We're having soup and ham quiche.

o

Im having left over chinese from last night. Tuckered out tonight after a marathon shopping spree at Kohl's. I got sooo much for so little that Im a happy camper. Satine

o

Back to school shoe shopping with GS, and as promised took him to Johnny Rockets for lunch.

o

Went rummaging with Amber, Cheryl and Alyssa. We had lunch at a local sandwich shop and I had a huge breaded tenderloin. It was really good. Just water to drink. So nothing for me this evening.

Sue

o

Oh, Pam--no fair. You have chocolate!! And cheeseburgers!! Sure sounds better than cabbage :-) I did slice up a couple of peaches for something sweet and threw some buttered bread crumbs on the casserole top. Ain't I fancy?

Ahh, Georgysmom. You made your spring veggie soup, didn't you. I forget about making a quiche. They're easy and I usually have a pie crust in the freezer. Enjoy!!

Satine, Kohl's is the BEST for sales! I usually buy on-line. Store shopping wears me out. I don't really need anything right now, but I should look at their sales on tops and capris. Last year I got a lot of them--like you said, for very little.

Glenda, yep it's that time of year again. Is Johnny Rockets a chain or a local restaurant? What kind of food do they serve? I like the name.

o

Today I made chicken livers w/mushrooms, ground beef gravy, texas beans, and tilapia. I chose the beans and the fish for my supper.

Shirley

o

Sue, I sure do miss breaded tenderloins. I don't know why they haven't caught on in other areas of the country. Sounds like a fun day!

My, my Shirley, you were a busy bee in the kitchen today. Nice to have choices, isn't it?

o

We did a bit of running around this morning--Amish market, farm market, orchard, supermarket. Lunch was a nice bowl of cottage cheese with fresh peaches from the stand at the orchard--YUM!

Dinner was sandwiches--Turkey for DH, corned beef special for me--meats from the Amish Deli, rye bread from the Amish bakery. Then a peach coffee cake thing I'd made for a photo shoot I was doing for a contest entry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here