Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 17:12

We just got home from grocery shopping and have everything put away. It is hotter than you-know-what here, but it's the same almost everywhere in the U.S. today. We're having the rest of the fried rice from last night with five-grain bread from the Publix bakery. Man, I love that stuff!

What are you having tonight? Got a date to go out or eating in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Me, a date? ha ha ha ha

Drive all the way down to Nikki's down by the farmer's market. Uh oh, all the parking LOTS were full. Walked in the door, and all four isles leading to the cafeteria line were full and out I went.

Back to town to Nikki's West and had my usual: snapper fingers, spinach and hominy.

So humid here, it almost knocks you down when you walk out from air conditioning into the heat.

o

Well we had a strong storm come through and now we have NO power! I am sitting here with my
battery powered fan. I would guess that he will be picking up some thing for dinner.
At least I still have battery backup for the Internet for the time being.

o

I decided to make salmon patties today. Teamed them up with my favorites when I have them: creamed potatoes and peas.

raven, I hope you get your power back very soon.

Shirley

o

Today I had an unplanned shopping day with Cheryl. We hit some really good sales at Joann Fabrics. Shopped a bit at Meijer and Cheryl bought my lunch at Fazoli's and it was really good. Supper was just a lunch meat sandwich and some of my leftover raspberry iced tea.

Sue

o

Well, DH cooked for himself. I took a hamburger out to defrost and it smells like he smothered it in onions. Me, I'm having the other half of my dinner from last night when we went out. It was just so-so but that's it for me. Tomorrow I shall cook.

o

A hot dog. I really need to start cooking some decent meals again. Bought ingredients today for vegetable soup and will make a pot of that tomorrow. Too hot today - 92, but rain is suppose to come in this weekend.

o

Well yes, Glenda--You! A date--if you'd like one. (Personally, I don't know why you would with all the independence you have now.) Your dinner sounds good 'cept for the--you know--the hominy. :-)

Raven, glad you have that fan and internet, but hope you get your electric back--after dinner, that is!!

Shirley, your dinner took me right back to my childhood. I don't know how many times I dreaded that meal, and how I'd just love to have it today. It was a Friday meal, being raised Catholic. But it beat fried fish. Boy, I sure was picky.

Georgysmom, tell me the trick of how to get your DH to cook for himself. I swear it could be 9 o'clock at night and Harry'd ask what was for dinner.

Ah, Schoolhouse, I just can't wait for cooler weather. I'd just love some vegetable soup. Sigh! It'll be a while.

o

Last night's leftover roast beef, was chopped up, and heated up with sauteed onions, green peppers, a diced carrot and some bbq sauce--served over some leftover hot dog rolls from a few days back. The mashed potates were dredged in flour and fried up for potato cakes. I love planned leftovers, where you eat the same things 2 nights in a row, but they come to the table completely differently.

And there's BBQ left over that went into the freezer--next week it will show up as a casserole on cornbread and topped with cheddar cheese.

Oh, I wish my DH would cook now and then. As soon as I head to the kitchen to start making dinner, he comes out and sits at the table, waiting (dinner took about a half hour to put together tonight--he just hung out.) In the morning, if he gets up before me, he'll sit at his place until I roll out of bed and put some breakfast on the table. Don't get me wrong--I adore the man, and guess after 39 years, I might as well keep him--but he's helpless in the kitchen--LOL! Well, it's my fault, I guess, I've spoiled him for years, I'm afraid

o

Chicken Parmesan, pasta, broccoli and fresh peach pie I made today.

o

Chicken Parmesan, pasta, broccoli and fresh peach pie I made today.

o

I've never tried to bake a peach pie. It's my favorite, too.

o

Crock pot bean and ham soup, sliced tomatoes and a margarita!

o

Wow, Azzelea, you are really creative! And next week's dinner sounds even better. You should give lessons in leftovers--not kidding!

Woo hoo, Carol. I haven't had fresh peach pie (homemade) for years. You sure had a great dinner--hope you had room for that pie!

Phyllis, a margarita goes well with everything :-) Happy Friday!

o

I made supper of homemade bread dipped in olive oil because I was busy making Patti's apple cake! I forgot to add cinnamon.

o

Thank you for the kind words, Patti--I don't often mention this, but I'm a food writer, so that's another way I share some of my better kitchen ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here