Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 17:10

This morning I made the frozen banana salad I posted on the "I'll share my recipe" thread the other day. Glenda, I liked the idea of pouring the salad into cupcake papers. Before I froze them, I tasted. Awesome! Tastes like a banana split without the chocolate. The recipe made 12, so we'll enjoy them for a while.

We're having leftover coconut curry chicken over rice for dinner. Jasdip, you asked for a report and I'm happy to say be both really liked it. It makes a lot of sauce but mine didn't thicken well, so I added about 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with a little water and that worked well. I will make this again for sure.

About 3:30 this afternoon we had a big rain and our temp. had dropped to 68 degrees. I predict good sleeping tonight!

How was your day and what are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

My day was very busy with household chores, including laundry. I still have some leftovers but decided to bake a pizza instead, and also had a salad.

We had only enough rain today to again prevent my son from mowing my lawn. I still wish you'd share a little of your rain, patti.

Shirley

o

We've had glorious weather for a week or so. Comfortable temps and nice and cool at night for sleeping. Roughly 11-15C. Apparently it's supposed to get in the 80's again for the weekend. I'm loving this weather though (in the 70's)

I had a cucumber and a half green pepper in the frig, so I made another quinoa tabbouleh. I added carrot, onion and chopped tomato to it. Some chopped lovage and minced chives. Oil and lemon juice dressing with some cumin for extra flavour. Warm pita bread complemented the meal.

1 cup raw quinoa (cooked) fed the two of us (plenty) with leftovers. It really does go far.

o

I am going to mix up some tuna salad for sandwiches tonight. I have been craving it.

o

It has been a busy day, especially all afternoon I canned 12 more jelly jars each of peach flavored zucchini jam and strawberry flavored zucchini jam. Today was the day to haul out the trash and I got that done, plus have done some laundry. I was too tired to be hungry so I just had cottage cheese and peaches and water to drink. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day.

Sue

o

I skinned a chicken, then threw it into the crockpot with brown rice. I will make green chile with the left over chicken tomorrow.

o

Shirley, you got a lot done today! I don't know why pizza sounds so good since we just finished eating, but it does.

Jasdip, I'd never heard of lovage before you posted about it, but I just love the word. You had a nice, healthy dinner.

Raven, I'm saving my tuna for next week in case we get that storm that's in the Atlantic and headed west. Too early to tell where it's going right now.

Nicole, you will be eating really well for a while. We eat a lot of chicken.

Sue, you need a whole room just for your canned goods. Doesn't it give you a sense of peace to know you'll eat so well all winter? Your jams sound yummy!

o

Played golf today. I was TD for the day so had to be there at 7:30. I stayed for lunch after which I ran a few errands, Got home at 3:30 and had to leave at 6:30 to play bridge. I might add, my foursome came in first at golf and my partner and I came in first at bridge. It was a very good day! I just grabbed a cup of soup before I left for bridge. Don't know what DH ate...there was some Leftover chicken Moran but don't know if he ate it or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here