Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 17:06

Such a pretty day today. Temp only got up to 87. Maybe, hopefully, autumn is coming soon.

Tonight Harry will have the leftover tilapia and 1/2 large baked potato and broccoli. I'll have a bowl of Campbell's best chicken noodle soup. Haven't had it in quite a while. Dessert will be Publix Premium French vanilla ice cream. It's the only thing I can taste and, man, is it good!

How was your weekend and what are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Weekend has been fantastic. Friday night, we went to a comedy club to see a friend of ours perform and be the emcee.
Yesterday, we filmed an interview with an absolutely wonderful young musician and then recorded an impromptu video of him doing one of his original songs. (see his pic in today's "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thread)
Today....not so exciting. I had to go grocery shopping, and it was a rat race out there.

I'm getting ready to put a couple potatoes in to bake, and will sear a lovely Tbone for the man. Not sure what I'll have, maybe some polish sausage and salad.

Patty, if I could only taste one thing, French vanilla ice cream would be lovely. At least it's not sauerkraut or something like that!

o

Five of us dined after church at Surin's 280.

Two of us shared an order of crab wings as a starter.

Everyone had a complimentary cup of coconut soup with tofu and mushroom slices

I had Thai bbq chicken with fried shrimp rice and two others had the same.

The other two had fried catfish with Thai ginger sauce and rice.

DELIGHTFUL!

Two of us had been there before a number of times and the others were quite impressed.

o

Had to go grocery shopping so dinner was sandwiches. I do love Boars head cold cuts.

I want to thank godgets, jasdip,ravencajun, sweet betsy & patti for the well wishes.

Patti, I will be thinking of you, hope this week will be a better one for you. I hope to be home late Tue if everything goes as planned, if not it would be Wed. They don't keep you in the hospital very long & that is fine with me. Don't know about using the computer as it is a desktop one & set up downstairs. Don't think I will be doing stairs for a while.

o

Salmon, more green beans, a slice of Amish homemade bread w/butter.

Shirley

o

Absolutely fabulous weather today. No humidity at all, a nice breeze all day and temps in the high 70's-low 80's.

I made bread, and tried a new recipe. It was easy and sounded so good; a vanilla pudding cake. Make a cake bottom and drizzle hot milk, egg, cornstarch, butter and vanilla over top. The cake bakes and it creates a sauce. I cooked it too long, as I didn't think the cake was done, so the sauce is a gel. The flavour is really good, so I'll try making it again sometime. We'll work thru this one, maybe with ice cream.

I felt like fish so we had Basa filets with rice and corn and peas. A salad made of baby spinach, seedless grapes, thinly sliced onion and feta. (cleaned out the frig). A sweet balsamic dressing. It was delicious.

o

Jean, your weekend sure started out nice! You remind me of my daughter. She does her grocery shopping on Sunday and hates it. I asked her if it'd be better to do it on maybe Saturday morning, but that's her laundry time. That "child" is so rigid! Enjoy that big old steak!

Glenda, now you know what I'm gonna ask. What are crab wings? I love Thai coconut soup but never had it with tofu. Anyway, all those dinners had me drolling.

Mary, Boar's Head is a good product, but I find it hard to spend more for a pound of lunchmeat than I would for a pound of steak. So I stick with Publix brand when I buy it, which isn't often. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for a fast and easy recovery. Wish someone could bring your computer upstairs for you. Maybe your ISP could do it. 'Cause otherwise, I'm going to miss you!!!

Shirley, wonder if I could eat salmon (canned) made into a spread. I love it! Does that Amish bread taste as good as it sounds?

o

I don't have to cook tonight and I am fine with that! I think I will have left over pizza and some fresh fruit I got at the farm store. They had beautiful peaches, black plums and nectarines I also got red seedless grapes. Heck I might just have a mixed fruit salad.

It was pretty here today also, looked like rain at one point but it passed on by.

o

Surin's menu list them at crab wings.

Also known as crab ragoons!

o

got out our last piece of top sirloin...it was still frozen so roasted at 350...one hour and perfect for us...(just well)

only problem is no leftovers so dh will get a ham sandwich for lunch tomorrow...

guess what I found at Costco? pretzel rolls...dinner sized...dh said they were ok, but the wendy ones were better...

o

Just finished watching the golf tournament....DH had the leftover meat for the taco salad. Made himself a salad. I'm not sure what I'm going to have. Either an egg or piece of pizza and back to ironing. Almost all caught up.

Mary, if you see this, good luck tomorrow. I've been thinking about you today. I'm sure you'll be glad when it's all over. My friend had it done 7 weeks ago and she's back to playing golf already!

This post was edited by georgysmom on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 18:35

o

GM, Tiger did a great comeback from yesterday, didn't he? He did well, being in the obvious pain that he was in.

o

Jasdip, that cake may not have turned out, but it sure sounds good to me. Sometimes my fudge upside down cake turns out with a "thick" sauce. Dinner at your house sounds good--lots of food!

Raven, live it up, girl! Live on the edge and have that mixed fruit salad :-) I am learning to appreciate leftovers now that I'm pretty much on a liquid diet. And that pizza makes me hungry.

Glenda--now I get it!

Susan, it's always sad when the steak's gone :-( Tell us more about the pretzel rolls. We're they in the frozen food section or already baked? They sure are good.

Georgysmom, hope your ironing is all finished. That is one of my least favorite jobs and I avoid it at all costs.

o

Jas, he certainly did. Couldn't believe it when he fell to his knees. He's not my favorite but I hate seeing anyone in pain. I couldn't believe when I turned it on today to see Phil at 9 under. He made a great comeback too.

o

Patti: The Amish bread was/is great. I sliced the rest of the loaf and have it frozen in individual slices for when I want it. Didn't want to waste one little crumb.

I never thought of making a spread out of canned salmon. I do it out of canned chicken and really like it. It will be a happy day for all of us when you say you can eat regular food again.

Shirley

o

I made Chicken and Broccoli over Basmati rice..
Yummy stuff...I do a lot of Asian flavored meals...

Last of the blueberry cheesecake for dessert.

Patti, you can most definatly make a salmon spread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salmon Spread

o

Thanks, Shirley. It won't be long now. Just a little over 3 more weeks. My treatment is 64 radiation treatments (2 a day equals 32 days. Two chemo treatments before I started rad. and now one for each week I have radiation. I was fortunate that it was detected early.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here