SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

Watching movies -

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
9 years ago

Here is the set-up: you are in an isolated situation. No contact with the rest of the world, no phone, no electronic connections - nothing. You will be by yourself for 28 days. No books, no paper, no nothing. However, you will have a decent stash of food and beverage.

However - you have the ability to watch movies. Big screen, good sound. No popcorn, no nibbles. You have a comfortable chair, or sofa, or whatever.

You watch movies and nothing else. OK? Got it? Here's the catch: you can have only five (5) movies. Pick something that you would be willing to watch over and over and over. (This might take a while for you to select yours, but that's OK.)

What will you have to watch? Here are my choices, with a few comments:

Victor, Victoria. Not really a musical, but lots of music. Julie Andrews is wonderful and Preston is a stitch! What fun. (Close second was Mary Poppins.)

Blazing Saddles. Ya gotta have a comedy and this one is my pick. I have seen it so many times, I already know most of the dialog, yet it still makes me laugh (much to the chagrin of the missus).

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? A DARK drama, but the acting is superb. Was a play and adapted very well to the big screen.

Run Silent, Run Deep. Burt Lancaster and Clark Gable. My WWII film. From 1958, it has Don Rickles in a straight roll! Great tension.

Stagecoach. 1939's John Ford classic with The Duke. Also Claire Trevor and Andy Devine. They were all so young then.

I could watch and re-watch each/all of them. Of course it might get to be somewhat boring, but I picked those that would get me through 28 days.

What about you?

Jim

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022