Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 17:04

We're having leftover shrimp salad, beet salad, sliced fresh peaches and 5-grain Italian bread. I made Nodakgal's cinnamon rolls this afternoon, so I'll probably have to have one of those later.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

Today Papa John's is having half price on everything for business people, so we are having pizzas and chicken strips from there for us at daughter and son in laws.

Sue

o

Hartley's Down Home Cooking: delicious hamburger steak with grilled onions and perfectly seasoned green beans.

Been craving big time peanut butter, so peanut butter and a spoon. Can't be beat :o)

o

Didn't really feel like cooking tonight. I'm on a roll....five straight days. I always keep cooked cut-up chicken in the freezer so I threw together a chicken salad and we will have chicken salad sandwiches tonight.

o

We are having perogies.

o

I had to make potato salad this afternoon for a family picnic tomorrow. So I had some of that, an ear of corn, and put dutch loaf, marble cheese, onion, and tomato on a romaine lettuce leaf. Ate enough bread yesterday.......didn't need anymore right now.

They promised us an all day soaker today, but alas, we got an occasional sprinkle.

Shirley

o

Nice and cool again today, so I've got chicken with 40 cloves of garlic in the oven. Potatoes and carrots in with it.

An apple pie from the store, for dessert. Yum

o

Red Beans and Quinoa. It is simmering on the stove right now--yum!

o

Sue, Papa John's is another thing I've never eaten. Seems that they're everywhere, so the food must be good. Have a nice evening with the kids.

Yum, Glenda! Harry's favorite sign when we're traveling is anything "home cooking". This is the weirdest thing. I'm not a big peanut butter fan, but lately a spoonful is mighty tasty. Go figure!

LOL, Georgysmom. I may break that record since we were just discussing our freezer and decided we have to eat all those already cooked meals. I almost started an avalanche yesterday while trying to find the shrimp.

Enjoy, Lindaohnowga. I bought some at a farmer's market that the lady running the stand had made. Quite tasty.

Shirley--a family picnic sounds like so much fun. Hope you have beautiful weather.

Jasdip, your weather must've cooled off a lot. I can almost smell that heavenly smell in your kitchen.

Marita40, I need to try quinoa again. I made it twice and didn't care that much for it, but I've read it's really good for you. I know Jasdip and Luckygardnr like it a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here