Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 16:57

Another stormy afternoon. The sky is really dark and it's thundering. So far, just a sprinkling of rain.

Dinner at our house tonight is BLT's and some of the wild rice salad. I hope the flavors have blended better now. We have watermelon or lemon squares for later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

I'll take a lemon square, please!

Lunch was AWFUL, simply AWFUL

Friend and I lunched at a Cuban restaurant, that has rave reviews. Heaven knows who these people are, must have been the owner himself.

I had
Empanadas..........And waitress said I could get 3 or 4 and the price said $2.50.
The crust was so over cooked, hard, and of the 4, I bet there wasn't enough meat to make a hamburger patty. I cracked them oprn and ate the underseasoned dry meat. Skipped the hard crust. Feel like I didn't even have lunch.

THEN the owner wanted to charge me for each one. Told him NO, the waitress said I'd get 3 or 4. So I ended paying the $2.50.

Friend, who is a school lunchroom manager, said there was no more than 2 oz of meat in her sandwich and she knows. Said best part was the bread.

Pan con Biste..........
Cuban style palomillo steak on Cuban bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and potato sticks

And to top it off the owners little girl, with pacifier, climbed onto the seat with my friend and ate friends french fries.

NO go ever again!

o

Cheryl and I had a late lunch of chicken at Amber and Alyssa's so I am not hungry now. Cheryl and I came home and picked two buckets of beans. We did not get finished, just about half finished. I did eat a banana and unless I get a drink of some kind that is all I want. Really seemed hot out in the sunshine picking beans!

Sue

o

Boy, that sounds like one loser of a restaurant, Glenda. I did get a chuckle out of the kid eating the fries. That's one I've never heard of before in a restaurant review.

I had a hamburger and homemade vegetable soup.

Shirley

o

Oh my gosh, Glenda. What a disaster you had. And here I always look forward to your lunch adventures. Well, I guess that was an adventure, all right. Wish you were close--I'd feed you many, many lemon squares :-)

Sue, be careful out there in that heat. Drink lots of water! I'll be drooling next winter when you post about those home-canned green beans, but I sure don't envy you right now. Glad you have a helper.

Shirley, I just can't wait for it to get cool enough for vegetable soup. I put beef in mine, so it's a one-dish meal. Or rather, a one-bowl. I should make some of that cabbage soup diet vegetable soup. It's so good and no fat at all in it. (If there is, it's very little.)

o

I'd been craving a good "messy" burger, so that's what we had tonight.

o

Whiting fillets, mac n cheese, baked beans, and texas toast from a local place called "This Is It". I put my fish into a bun with cheese and the tartar sauce, making mine into a sandwich. I love fish sandwiches.

o

I have a pot of fresh turnips cooking and will have some bbqed country style ribs with that and cantaloupe for dessert.

o

I have a pot of fresh turnips cooking and will have some bbqed country style ribs with that and cantaloupe for dessert.

o

o

Holy smokes how did that happen!

o

Tonight is leftover chicken casserole that I posted the recipe for on the dinner thread Saturday. Steamed rice, peas and I have an ear of corn left so will have that.

Took Shannon to the airport at 4 this morning. It is a 3 hour round trip so got home at 7. Have been dragging most of the day.

o

Jeaninwa--"messy" is the very best description of a good hamburger. Haven't had a messy one in a long time.

Lindaohnowga, wow, you had a lot to eat for dinner. It'd be hard to know where to start with all those goodies!

Raven, did you cook the turnip and the greens? Growing up in Indiana, my mother only cooked the white part and threw away the green part!!! Here they diced up the white part and mix it with the greens. I like that! LOL at the multiple posts ;-)

Nita, you need a good rest. We get used to our routines and, as much as we love our kids, it's always good to get back into our daily rut. LOL! Glad you have something leftover for a fast meal.

o

No I am not a greens person never have cared for them. I am boiling them till tender then drain and saute in some coconut oil a splash of balsamic vinegar and a bit of honey.
I like them roasted in the oven too or as oven fries.

o

We had a new dish, Honey Mustard Chicken (Simply Recipes)with rice, fresh green beans, corn tomato relish/salad, rolls and canteloupe....so colorful! The chicken was very tasty, super easy and I'll definitely make it again.

jude

o

Raven, that sounds good. I really hated turnips when I was a kid, but I like them now. I think turnip greensare my favorite of all the green stuff except spinach.

Jude, we had homemade chicken fingers the other night with a honey-mustard dipping sauce. Very tasty. Remember that wild rice salad from the Parade magazine? I made it and wasn't real impressed. Have you tried it yet? I think it needs "something", but I don't know what. I thought it was funny that I turned on the computer with Parade in hand in order to post that recipe to see you had just done it. :-)

o

Raven, that sounds good. I really hated turnips when I was a kid, but I like them now. I think turnip greensare my favorite of all the green stuff except spinach.

Jude, we had homemade chicken fingers the other night with a honey-mustard dipping sauce. Very tasty. Remember that wild rice salad from the Parade magazine? I made it and wasn't real impressed. Have you tried it yet? I think it needs "something", but I don't know what. I thought it was funny that I turned on the computer with Parade in hand in order to post that recipe to see you had just done it. :-)

o

We had a new dish, Honey Mustard Chicken (Simply Recipes)with rice, fresh green beans, corn tomato relish/salad, rolls and canteloupe....so colorful! The chicken was very tasty, super easy and I'll definitely make it again.

jude

o

Lots of double postings today, including mine. Patti, I have not tried the wild rice salad. DH is "peculiar" about salads that have ingredients that he thinks don't belong in salads, and since I would have to eat the whole thing, I haven't tried it.

Again, thanks for bailing me out on that recipe.

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here