Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 16:53

Tonight we're having ribs done in the oven, a baked sweet potato and broccoli/carrots mixed together.

Rainy afternoon here. Hope you're having better weather! What's for dinner at your house tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

we had a beef roast, done in the crockpot with onions, beef broth and cream of mushroom soup, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and corn. weather has been sunny all day, here, but cool for august....only 68 degrees here right now. have a good evening....:)

o

We don't really need dinner tonight. Daughter was off work today so she took us out for a belated anniversary lunch. Went to the strip district in Pittsburgh and lunched at Wholey's, the famed fish market. I had Teriyaki shrimp and scallops on a bed of jasmine rice with a side of grilled root vegetables. Dh had blackened coho salmon on a bed of mixed greens. We shared a piece of Key lime cake that was to die for.

o

Cool here today. More like September instead of August. It only reached 17C (62F) today.

I made hamburgers and we like lentils in them. But ever since I'm putting lentils in they don't stay together. They fall apart all over the place. It might be just coincidence. I'll keep working at it, because hubby loves the lentils in them.

o

It has been a beautiful day. Cheryl brought lunch and also picked up Alyssa. She left Amber some lunch too, Chicken, noodles, mashed potatoes and peas. I am tired had a lot of kitchen work to do today and I canned zucchini pineapple. I got 7 pints. I think tomorrow will be green beans again. Cheryl said she would come out and pick. Supper for me was fried Pollock and homemade macaroni salad and some little yellow tomatoes.

Sue

o

Went to the Home to have lunch with all my sisters. It was my turn to bring food for Annie.....chicken livers w/mushrooms, creamed potatoes/peas, a wheat roll, and a bakery brownie that I only buy once a year.

Was supposed to go to the Amish dinner tonight but they cancelled.

My microwave finally bit the dust so had to get a new one. The store guy is so nice he delivered/installed it. But that's the last good thing about it. It took 18 minutes to cook a Stouffer's dried beef gravy, and it was still not 'hot'. But the potato cooked in a minute less than normal time. Experimented with reheating 1 cup servings of two kinds of homemade soup. One was still lukewarm after 5 minutes. The other was practically boiling after 2-1/2. Guess who's getting a call tomorrow?

Shirley

o

I'm really tired today. Yesterday I had 12 ladies for bridge and lunch. I made zucchini bread, fresh fruit platter and snack mix for bridge, and lemon chicken salad in spinach wraps, white gazpacho and coconut cupcakes for lunch. I had a bad night sleeping Sunday night so I barely got through to the afternoon. My partner and I did come in second at duplicate so I guess I wasn't totally out of it. Then I had Mexican train here last night. Today I played 18 holes of golf, went to the bathroom remodeler place and met with him and then went grocery shopping so I can make some Hors d'oeuvres for tomorrow night.....I have
Wine and Dine here tomorrow night. I had some lunch after golf, a catfish Rueben and I have half that sandwich left over. I might just heat it up for DH with some white gazpacho and I'll have some leftover chicken salad wrap.

Gazania, I'm so jealous. I love, love, love the strip district. Is it Penn Macaroni (something like that). I can just stand in there in breath in the aroma.

o

I am smoking pork shoulder butt for pled pork sandwiches for a bridal shower on Saturday. If it ever gets to temperature. We will have some of that and whatever I come up with to go with it. It's up to 158 degrees finally. Only 12 more degrees to go. I put it on at 9:00 this morning. Low and slow.

o

Pan sauteed pork chops, Mexican Rice, and baked sweet potato.

o

Lindalou, that's a great meal for a cold day. I consider 68 a cold day, for sure. Nice break from the heat, though. It was a hot, hot 94 here.

Gazania, that must've been a real treat--it all sounds delicious. Especially your meal. Don't you love a good meal you don't have to make yourself? I'm drooling!!

Jasdip--62?? My goodness, you're having autumn already. Maybe someone reading this will know why your burgers are falling apart. Not that that matters, if they still taste good and DH likes them. What do you do, mash the lentils? Never thought about putting beans in them.

Sue, wow! You had TWO great meals today! Now go get some rest. That garden is calling your name!! :-)

Shirley, I bet Annie was thrilled with the chicken livers. I remember you took her some once and she was really happy. Sorry about your new microwave--yep, someone gets a phone call tomorrow.

Georgysmom, only five words for you--have you lost your mind? Good grief, that's a heck of a lot of entertaining and having fun in one week. Hope you get some rest, too.

Tami, I can almost taste that pork. I sure miss our smoker. I especially like to do pork and a turkey breast all at one time. That way I get my fill of smoked stuff. Dang, I need a smoker.

Raven, we're having almost the same menu--pork and sweet potatoes. My kitchen is sure smelling good. Betting yours is, too.

o

Sorry, Walnutcreek--I called you Raven. Not that that's a bad thing. My bad!

o

Teriyaki grilled thighs,and rice..which I need to do now, so I can throw half in the freezer for fried rice...hubby prefers it..and he "suffered" through plain rice Monday..lol...roasted cabbage..

And I think Brown Butter Brownies..

Made a skillet of quick Fococcia this morning for our picnic lunch we had beach side today.

This post was edited by terri_pacnw on Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 19:51

o

I was supposed to be spending the last 2 days at my DS house, watching the house and feeding the animals~~I was really looking forward to shopping and being lazy reading a new book. But plans got changed~~~DH and I are just going over this evening to feed horses, dogs and cats. We will go out to eat at the Beer Hunter after~~~yummy food and craft beers on tap;)

o

Leftovers here, but good ones :-) Barbequed pork served on half of a hotdog bun and topped with a dill pickle spear, and a yummy zuchinni and cheese casserole dish with just a trace of ripe red jalepeno (very thin slices) placed sparingly on top. We had it two nights in a row and wish for more.... very likely to have more too, since I still have one and a half zuchinnis that got just a tad too big in the fridge.

o

Dinner was grilled cheese sandwiches for hubby & I had a bowl of soup.

Dr's visit was just ok. Tomorrow we have to go to Nashville for the testing they have to do before surgery.. Just hate the 2 1/2 hr ride there.

Rain this morning but the sun did come out around 4:00 this afternoon

o

we had a beef roast, done in the crockpot with onions, beef broth and cream of mushroom soup, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and corn. weather has been sunny all day, here, but cool for august....only 68 degrees here right now. have a good evening....:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here