SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gadgets_gw

What's for Dinner ... Friday?

gadgets
9 years ago

It's Friday, it's been a beautiful day here in Ohio, and I had a good day. What more could I ask for?

Thanks Rhizo for doing the comments on Tuesday. I won't have anything fantastic for my meal tonight, so will write about my dinner at the Amish house.

Around here the Amish have dinners in place like the local firehouse to support their schools. It's cafeteria, all you can eat, style. My sister and I used to go to those. About 3 years ago, there was a poster up telling of a dinner in a local Amish house that wasn't for the school. They hold these dinners in their basement. It's set up with picnic tables/benches, only a few chairs available. You make reservations.

Meals are served family style. Tuesday menu was: barbecued chicken, layered salad, mashed potatoes/gravy, homemade noodles fixed with lots of chicken in it, green beans cooked w/bacon, homemade white and whole wheat bread, homemade strawberry jam, coffee, tea made from leaves they've grown. And a choice of 3 desserts... I had coconut cream pie.

What is your main meal for today?

Shirley

Comments (11)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler