SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Estranged From My Own Sister

jannie
10 years ago

I've been posting for years, now I have a real problem. I'm one of three sisters. Our parents are dead and our only brother committed suicide last December. So we went from a family of six (Mom and Dad, four kids) to only three. I get along well with my youngest sister, I'm the oldest. Middle sister was always the "black sheep" of the family, ran away from home and got married young. I graduated college, found a job 500 miles away and moved away,later got married and have 2 daughters. I visit my hometown a couple times a year, speak frequently with Baby Sis. Starting in February, I have not talked at all to Middle Sis. I phoned her on Mothers day, May 12 which was also our late Mother's birthday, but she hung up on me. I have phoned nearly every day since, left phone messages, sent letters, but she never responds. Last weekend she and our youngest sister got together. Middle sis badmouthed me, saying I was always a Drama Queen and always wanted to be the "Center of Attention". Well, that may be her perception. I can't remember doing anything bad to her. I am a gentle, quiet and shy person. I can't understand her cutting me out of her life. I considered driving the 500 miles and knocking on her door but I'm sure she won't see me, she would call the cops if I just showed up. I think she is just plain mentally ill, doing this for no apparent reason. Has anyone else had to deal with this type of thing?

This post was edited by jannie on Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 17:02

Comments (54)