Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
School starting yet?

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 16:13

One of the schools in Minot ND started this week. Some will start next week. School shopping, with the list provided proves a challenage at times. Even my GGS has a list for kindergarten. After the flooding in Minot last year, the increase enrollment due to oil drilling etc, I am proud how the schools have come on board getting ready.
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: School starting yet?

Private schools started this past Tuesday.

Public starts this coming Monday.

o

Our older grandson started kindergarten this past Tuesday. At snack break the first day, he ate his snack granola bar his mom had packed for him and his entire lunch. (This kid isn't much of an eater.) When she picked him up at 2:30, he was starving. She had planned to take him to In-N-Out for a shake to celebrate the first day of school, but I suspect he got a hamburger too.

o

A little nervous was he? Bet he enjoyed the snack.

o

Our school started back August the 1st..

o

In TN they started the beginning of Aug, some in July

o

We started on August 1. Actually, the kitchen help started on July 31.

Moni

o

I just looked our start date up on their online calendar, and it's Aug 22nd. Usually it would have been on the 27th.

Shirley

o

Oh, no, school doesn't start here until the Wed. after Labor Day--think that's Sept. 5th this year. But, of course, our kids are in school until about the 3rd week of June, so it all evens out in the end.

o

Much of the south and midwest traditionally start the school year in August, and end in the late spring because, years ago they were largely an agricultural economy, with family farms needing help with Spring planting, etc.

o

Monday here. The next county over started last week. My teens picked up their middle and high school schedules today.

o

We are back. Gotta admit I'm enjoying the break from the kids and getting lots accomplished.

o

Next Wednesday here.

o

In AZ school starts the first Monday in August. Hard for me to understand because I'm used to school starting in Sept. and ending in June.
Eileen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here