Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Better gasup! TODAY!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 15:49

After I couldn't get in my regular gas place, due to car lines and a big disaster relief State Farm mobile was filling up, I had to move on down the road and fillup.

No telling what gas will be tomorrow.

I paid $3.53, and right next door BP is $3.65.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Better gasup! TODAY!

I just paid $3.48.

o

$4.12 here today and they expect it will go up another $.10 to $.15 by the weekend

o
RE: Better gvvvasup! TODAY!

Was told the Disaster Relief mobiles, are around here, as it's a good area for them to leave and reach a point of destination wherever Isaac relief is needed.

o

Glad you filled up, Glenda. B-ham will be on the hurricane's bad side if it hits in LA, so I hope you have plenty of peanut butter, just in case.

o

I just filled the little car today-the equivalent of $5.26/gal here-and that was the best(cheapest) in the area!

o
RE: Bevvvtter gasup! TODAY!

Well, seeems Isaac veered towards Louisiana but we'll get the rains the latter part of the week.

Needed gas cause I have two kids to take to the dentist tomorrow, and it's a drive cause they don't live in my area.

o

We just got home from Louisiana and we saw lots of the electric company trucks headed south and a line of the big tree limb grinder trucks. They will be close by and ready.
The interstates all had the big electronic display signs saying warning hurricane in the Gulf be prepared!
When the time comes they change it to evacuation route.
I have been praying it would just fizzle out but it keeps moving more towards my family area. It is really looking like it is headed down the path Rita took and that would be really bad.

We gassed up right before Houston and paid $3.69 which was 20c more than we paid the day before.

o

Glenda, I waved HI! as I drove past B-ham this afternoon. We were evacuated from Gulf Shores this morning and are heading back to Chicago. Short vacation for sure, we only arrived on Saturday!

o

pkramer, you must have been on I-65

o

I find it funny that people will drive miles out of their way to find a $.03/gallon cheaper gas price, when you break it down you have saved only 45 cents on a 15 gallon vehicle. Anything over 10 cents difference when it is within a block of each other I understand, but I look at it "I need gas, here is a gas station, fill 'er up!"

o

Last Sat. I paid $3.05 with my club card discount. I was happy. I only need to fill up every two weeks.

o

Our gas prices jumped 12 cents last week to $3.55, and we're nowhere near the coast....go figure. Haven't been out today.-)

o
RE: Better gasup! TODAY!.....

Another 10 cents jump, now it's $3.65.

o

$3.69 in NE TEX

o

Gas in our nearby town today is $3.99.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here